What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am new - connecting camera to iPad

Tredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i am Terry Redding,

I am an amateur astronomer involved in refining the location and shape of asteroids through a procedure called occultations. This involves portable observation stations consisting of a telescope, camera, GPS and recording device to capture 30 fps video of the asteroid passing in front of the star.

I would like to connect a USB TV tuner to my iPad, to then connect an external analog security camera. Are there adapters for that? Currently I use a Canon ZR45 camcorder to record the analog signal to DVI tape. It works but the small screen of the camera can be difficult to work with. It wold be beter if I could use the iPad screen as a viewer to see the field of view and record to the RAM in the iPad rather than to the DVI.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Terry - W6LMJ

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this post to the Help section as I thought you'd get a better response there - hope that was OK.

Tim

Most reactions