What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am looking for a day planner app

MichaelSkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me more about Opus Domini? I have used a Franklin Planner for years and I have not found a single app that will address all my needs.
The three parts of the Franklin Planner that I used the most was the Tasks, Calendar, and Notes features all on one day, and Compass & Goals info. I am one of those extreme type 1 personalities who’s binder falls apart because it gets used too much.

However, I would also integrate all my stuff into outlook every morning, which is synced with my Google Calendar so I can also view my wife’s schedule too. I was surprised at how much stuff can be put into outlook. Now that I have an iPad I am looking to toss the binder into trash and go paperless, but I won’t do that until there is the connectivity that I am looking for.
Also, we are getting iPhones this fall and I want to make sure that everything can work together. I now see that Opus Domini will sync with iCloud which from the comments is a massive step forward if it worked correctly.

Has anyone used it as a total replacement from the Franklin Planner? How has it worked out for you? Does it do everything that the Franklin Planner did?

jerseymaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MichaelSkis said:
Can someone tell me more about Opus Domini? I have used a Franklin Planner for years and I have not found a single app that will address all my needs.
The three parts of the Franklin Planner that I used the most was the Tasks, Calendar, and Notes features all on one day, and Compass & Goals info. I am one of those extreme type 1 personalities whoÂ’s binder falls apart because it gets used too much.

However, I would also integrate all my stuff into outlook every morning, which is synced with my Google Calendar so I can also view my wifeÂ’s schedule too. I was surprised at how much stuff can be put into outlook. Now that I have an iPad I am looking to toss the binder into trash and go paperless, but I wonÂ’t do that until there is the connectivity that I am looking for.
Also, we are getting iPhones this fall and I want to make sure that everything can work together. I now see that Opus Domini will sync with iCloud which from the comments is a massive step forward if it worked correctly.

Has anyone used it as a total replacement from the Franklin Planner? How has it worked out for you? Does it do everything that the Franklin Planner did?

I'm sorry, I didn't see this post til today. Enjoying the last couple of weeks before school starts for the kids.

I used to be a faithful Franklin user but it had fallen by the wayside as my current job doesn't require i use one, however, I have always felt totally organized using one so I was happy when I found Opus. It reminds me so much of the Franklin planner. I use this one quite frequently for my personal needs.

The app opens up to the task page with a calendar. The tasks are prioritized in a similar fashion to the Franklin pages. The page to the right is a notes page. The next tabs are Master Tasks, Compass, Goals, Mission and Contacts.

I too use the tasks and notes the most. I'm not crazy about the calendar (small on the task page), but I use a different app as my calendar and it syncs the info from that calendar onto Opus' calendar quite nicely. The Compass section does have a larger calendar but I still use my other app to add calendar items. I can see a heavy Franklin user finding this to be a suitable replacement for the traditional paper binder.

Hope that helps.

Maggie

jsburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having tried quite a few apps the one I've settled on is 'Organizer HD'. It offers the features you're looking for as well as quite a few more... Typing directly on the page to create a new appointment, To Do List, Notes, Voice Notes and handwriting to name a few. It also syncs with Google so I can view and edit everything on my laptop and desktop etc.

The "organizer hd" looks great....but is it a perpetual calendar or do you have to buy a new one every year? thanks.
JSB

Bakistax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not exactly what you may be looking for but you can have a look at Beesy. It is an organizer with many features (in fact it's an all-in-one app for productivity) and adding a new task/appointment/meeting/etc. is really easy and fast. However it is not free. It costs $6 but you won't have to buy anything else after (actually there are some in-app purchase but I never find usefulness in them). Hope you'll like it!

ParryJit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Maggie,
I have always used Franklin Covey organizers and am looking for an electronic iPad compatible replacement like most of us here. I am almost convinced on Opus based on info you provided but the key questions is, does it accept stylus to input information? Can I just "write in" instead of "type in"? Thanks in advance for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts