What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am looking for a day planner app

unknowkun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had look through many website, but just couldn't find the one I want.
I am not sure if something like this exist, but I want a day planner app that is something like this XUdtS.gif.

So if I want to record something on Monday, I will just have to touch the area below '4 Monday' then type straight on it.

Thanks in advance

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of apps that you may want to look at.....Pocket Informant, SmartPad, Opus Domini.......and the list goes on. See what you think and let us know (I have all of these and others so if you have questions please ask).

The Archangel

OP
U

unknowkun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of apps that you may want to look at.....Pocket Informant, SmartPad, Opus Domini.......and the list goes on. See what you think and let us know (I have all of these and others so if you have questions please ask).

The Archangel

Thanks for your recommendation.

It seems like all this app doesn't allow you to type directly onto the page, if I want to add something I will have to 'add an event' and this is not what i want.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unknowkun said:
Thanks for your recommendation.

It seems like all this app doesn't allow you to type directly onto the page, if I want to add something I will have to 'add an event' and this is not what i want.

In that case I'm all out of ideas. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

The Archangel

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was looking for one also, making the transition to try and do everything on my iPad and get ride of all my paper notebooks laying around and day planners etc. After trying many I actually use Noteshelf. They have a pack of planning papers in there and I have my planner (along with several other notebooks) set up with monthly sheets, weekly sheets, insert a page for notes here and there if/when I need to and you can write directly on it. I know it's not pre-dated but I figure I'm in there writing my stuff down anyways I can take a couple seconds and jot the dates in. This has been the best set up so far, that I have found, for me anyways. Good luck!

MusikMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having tried quite a few apps the one I've settled on is 'Organizer HD'. It offers the features you're looking for as well as quite a few more... Typing directly on the page to create a new appointment, To Do List, Notes, Voice Notes and handwriting to name a few. It also syncs with Google so I can view and edit everything on my laptop and desktop etc.

anaranjador

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having tried quite a few apps the one I've settled on is 'Organizer HD'. It offers the features you're looking for as well as quite a few more... Typing directly on the page to create a new appointment, To Do List, Notes, Voice Notes and handwriting to name a few. It also syncs with Google so I can view and edit everything on my laptop and desktop etc.

Hi MusikMan
I will like to ask you ... When you use Organizer HD and you do handwriting on the app; how does the handwriting reflects or syncs to google calendar? Does this type of note even sync to google. Or you just keep this notes for yourself in your iPad ??
Something else I understood you use this app in your iPad but do you know if the iPad app syncs with the iPhone app?? Or it just syncs through google calendar. Therefore your handwritten notes will be only kept in wherever you did these???
Please give me more feedback. The more the better!!!!!
Thanks !

MusikMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi anaranjador

Unfortunately notes, including handwriting, do not sync as this is limted only to calendar entries and tasks. The app can sync using ical so syncing between iPhone and iPad is possible. I myself have not used this function as I only have an iPad and no iPhone. I do have an android phone which is why Google sync works for me.

This is the main outline of features:

Organizer is a productivity app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, while Organizer HD is its larger iPad counterpart. Although “Google Calendar™ support” is mentioned, both these apps sync seamlessly with iCal. Not all calendar apps offer iCal syncing, however. This spells a big win for Organizer.
Of course, due to the iPad’s larger screen area, Organizer HD is much more enjoyable to work with than its smaller cousin, especially since you can use it in landscape mode. Small differences aside, both apps offer similar features and are extremely easy to use. A single tap on the screen will reveal a navigation menu, while tapping the screen twice will display the editing menu. Several tools will enable you to insert text, events, maps, pictures, smilies and other emojis, draw lines or shapes in various colors, and include contact details from your address book. Additionally, you can make and play voice memos. There are also editing functions that will let you cut, paste, zoom, and rotate objects.

Organizer HD allows you to view your calendar by day, week, month, or as a list. More options are accessible outside the app, under your device Settings. You can customize the look of your organizer by selecting your choice of paper color and size, as well as design (lines, grid, or blank paper). One useful function allows you to roll over unfinished to-dos. And if privacy is a concern, you can activate a password lock. There’s a whole host of other options. For instance, those who are addicted to tweeting can enable Twitter integration. Google Calendar and iCal import options are also available within these settings.

Even though I have had Organizer HD for a few weeks I still haven't used all of it's functions. Those I have used work perfectly.

GTnKY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for one also, making the transition to try and do everything on my iPad and get ride of all my paper notebooks laying around and day planners etc. After trying many I actually use Noteshelf. They have a pack of planning papers in there and I have my planner (along with several other notebooks) set up with monthly sheets, weekly sheets, insert a page for notes here and there if/when I need to and you can write directly on it. I know it's not pre-dated but I figure I'm in there writing my stuff down anyways I can take a couple seconds and jot the dates in. This has been the best set up so far, that I have found, for me anyways. Good luck!

I'm trying to do this at the moment. However, I'm having nothing but trouble trying to write on the iPad with my Bamboo stylus. Can you tell me what type of stylus you are using with this app and how it works?

Thanks,
GT

tiffy83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GTnKY said:
I'm trying to do this at the moment. However, I'm having nothing but trouble trying to write on the iPad with my Bamboo stylus. Can you tell me what type of stylus you are using with this app and how it works?

Thanks,
GT
I had the bamboo stylus it worked great for me until the nib split. I just got the this one in the mail and I like it for writing

http://www.spigen.com/review/product/list/id/168/

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sitting on the fence and waiting to see which turns out the best, so that I can get some more organizing to the things that I have to do...

Sent from my original iPad classic using iPF

jerseymaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently discovered Opus Domini. If you've used a Franklin Planner, this app reminds me so much of that system. I have been using it for a few days now and love it.

Maggie

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks,
GT

Hi GT,

I have a couple stylus that I really like - iFaraday RxII and the AluPen. I've tried a few stylus and these seem to be the ones I carry around most. I also the Aponyo which isn't bad at all, that is my back up so I sits in my purse just in case my others are elsewhere...I guess lol.

The iFaraday and Aponyo are both the material tip and the AluPen is the rubber tip. I love the weight/feel of both of these and they seem to write great, don't my my hand tired. Of course there's a little learning curve, I think, with all stylus but these seemed to be more 'natural' to me.

Good luck in your search!

redguido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does "planner" work through the cloud? i.e. can you enter once and view on Mac or IPhone?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts