What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am having a problem with Numbers and Pages, neither are functioning.

budgie348

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they both open with a blank page, I Have tried to remove both apps, but they will not delete, they just lock up the Ipad and I have to wait for it to shut down. I am not having the same problems on my IPhone 4 both apps are functioning correctly.
This has only started since I upgraded to IOS 5.1

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi budgie-welcome to the forum!

Have you tried to do the following?

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
B

budgie348

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi budgie-welcome to the forum!

Have you tried to do the following?

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Thank you skimonkey, unfortunately none of these worked, however, I have now resolved the problem with doing a "reset all Settings"

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very good to hear, yes, sometimes the need to do a "reset all settings" is a necessary one. A bit scary-because of the messages of deletion, etc, but all is good!

Most reactions

Latest posts