What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hulu Launches Hulu Plus for iPad and iPhone

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Hulu has launched its long-awaited HD premium subscription service today for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (provided they're running iOS 4), among other devices. The service will cost $9.99 a month, and if you go to Hulu's website you can sign up for what they're calling a "free preview invite". You can also get cracking straight away viewing streaming content by downloading the free Hulu Plus App from the US iTunes App Store, which even has some free episodes of popular TV shows to download.

Among other things, the service will give you the chance to sign up for a show "Season Ticket" so that you never miss an episode of favourite shows such as Glee, The Office, House and Family Guy, and you can also catch up on every episode from every season of classic shows such as Buffy, the X-Files and Ally McBeal.

Source: Hulu, Cnet

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People should love this....I've never personally used it though.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I appreciate the coolness factor, but I'm not paying $10/mo on top of a data plan to watch tv shows with commercials.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate the coolness factor, but I'm not paying $10/mo on top of a data plan to watch tv shows with commercials.

yeah. I don' t get it. Last time I used hulu on my computer it was free. Why pay $10 to watch it on an iPad?

Thanks but no thanks.

CM

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$10 a month for excessive ads?? No thanks! I'll stick with netflix an air video.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, they repeatedly stress that Hulu-Plus is NOT Hulu.com.

We cannot assume that there will be any "limited commercials".

Many of the rumors in the last year about paid Hulu, have suggested that the paid service might drop the ads on the pay side.

We'll see.

Swhitman88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree netflix is a better route to take, plus they have more content than hulu

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the draw for Hulu is that you can get current season shows immediately after they air. With Netflix, you have to wait until they come out on DVD I think.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I think the draw for Hulu is that you can get current season shows immediately after they air. With Netflix, you have to wait until they come out on DVD I think.

True, and looking through the content they have some interesting older shows as well. I watch maybe 2 hours of TV a year, my wife watches perhaps 2 hours a week... this is actually looking pretty good to us. We live in a somewhat rural area, and now pay $25 a month for local programing (DFW), this would be cheaper and have some interesting options.....

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If they had enough that I could cancel my cable at home, I would seriously consider it. If its iPad only, its not worth it, but if I could use my 1 account on my desktop, iPad, and for a real bonus, add it to the xbox 360 media center extender, I would be sold! I know, I'm asking too much.

niuxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, they repeatedly stress that Hulu-Plus is NOT Hulu.com.

Many of the rumors in the last year about paid Hulu, have suggested that the paid service might drop the ads on the pay side.

I'm agree with you

Most reactions

Latest posts