What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

http://ios-error.com Is this an scam?

riosfernando

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings:

Recently, I was trying to see a movie in my iPad 2, and I received this message

"Due a third party application in your phone, iOS is crashed Contact Support for Inmediate Fix Moderator edit

Does anyone knows about this issue?, the website for movies is Moderator edit and I saw a lot of movies in that website before without any issue.

Thank you

riosfernando

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's pretty much guaranteed to be a scam. These tech support scams are 'unfortunately' becoming common. One way or another they insert a pop-up or other alert into the website that claims you have a problem, with a phone number to call. Once there they will go through a dance to convince you that you have a problem, that they have a solution, and it will cost you so, so, so much less money and time to fix it right then and there, with one easy credit card payment.

In general, they are skating on the bare edge of legal (depending on their location). They will never 'quite' claim to be official', define exactly what the problem is, or that they will actually fix your alleged problem. But they have a very clever script that will convince most people that they are legitimate, as long as you don't listen critically to the actual wording.

Apple support will 'NEVER' contact you this way. No reputable third party app developer or website will contact you this way.

And yes, they know you are using iOS, and can (to some extent) even identify your model number. It's in the information your iPad sends to websites so that they can adjust to your devices screen size and capabilities.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts