What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

htc evo 4g and ipad2

ltportella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the htc evo 4g of sprint claims that you can connect up to 6 devices to reach the Internet.
Question can I connect my ipad2 to this htc evo 4g?, If yes, how do I do it on a step by step basis
:) thank you

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ltportella said:
the htc evo 4g of sprint claims that you can connect up to 6 devices to reach the Internet.
Question can I connect my ipad2 to this htc evo 4g?, If yes, how do I do it on a step by step basis
:) thank you

You can as long as have hotspot activated. This is one extra service that your service provider most provide for you at a fee. I will suggest you calling your service provider and find out first but this should be under your menu>setting in the phone.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK there are two ways of doing this, You can call up Sprint and tell them you want to turn on the wireless hotspot feature and they will turn it on and each month they will bill you $29.95

The other option is you can root your phone and then down load the wireless hotspot app, this is free. I did this to my Evo and it works fine.

I am not going to write a step by step root process for you, however you can following the link below to a Droid forum that will give you all the information you need to root your phone your self. This is where I learned how to root my phone.

EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK there are two ways of doing this, You can call up Sprint and tell them you want to turn on the wireless hotspot feature and they will turn it on and each month they will bill you $29.95

The other option is you can root your phone and then down load the wireless hotspot app, this is free. I did this to my Evo and it works fine.

I am not going to write a step by step root process for you, however you can following the link below to a Droid forum that will give you all the information you need to root your phone your self. This is where I learned how to root my phone.

EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

Just a note for those unfamiliar with Android devices. "Rooting" your Android phone is roughly equivalent to "jailbreaking" in the iOS environment. Many people do so with good results. It does, however, entail risks (some in terms of violating one's service agreement with a carrier) and an additional burden in terms of management and maintenance.

Most reactions

Latest posts