What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to move many icons at the same time into folders

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have got to rearrange into folder all my iPad apps and since I have plenty I was wondering if there was any way to move many of them at the same time into folders. I know of a cydia tweak called multiicon mover but I can't move them into folders. If anyone could help me I'll be really grateful. Thanks a lot.

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You actually use MultiIconMover to move multiple apps.

You just need to press on an app long enough for the apps to wiggle, select the apps you want to move, and then go to the folder (or page if you're using the SpringBoard to store your apps) you want the apps to be moved to and then hit the Home button to move all the apps to that folder/page.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MultiIconMover doesn't (can't?) support moving icons into the stock folders. However, if you buy ($2.99) and install FolderEnhancer, it supports MultiIconMover and allows you to place icons into folders as you would on a new springboard page.

That's the only tweak I know that works with MultiIconMove to aid in putting icons into folders.

BTW, in addition to allowing you to do this, FolderEnhancer is a great tweak in and of itself. I like that I can have several pages within folders and folders in my folders. it's a very nice tweak...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply , I've just downloaded folder enhancer, I had an intention of buying it anyway as like you said it's a very nice tweak but it doesn't work with multiicon mover.Do i have to set something in settings? I tried selecting some apps, opening the folder and then pressing home button but it would only make the apps stop "danxing" (sorry, I'm not english and the correct term doesn't come to my mind riht now). Tyank you ver much for help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but FolderEnhancer works perfectly on my iPad3. And no, there's no special settings - it just works. I just got done moving an icon all around, in and out of folders, all with MultiIconMover and my Home button.

Maybe try a respring of your iPad? Or a reset (aka "reboot")? Because I have no idea why it doesn't work for you as I cannot replicate your problem.

Marilyn

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help Marilyn, you always solve any problem I have.
I solved the problem by doing a respring which is something I should have done before bothering you any further, sorry about that and. thanks a lot again

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts