What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use the same file for different applications?

BennyDanny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I Have a question.
I have a lot of PDF files on my iPad and want to use them with different applications, but every single application creates is own file, so I have duplicated and even triplicated PDFs.
How can I have only one and use different apps?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards.

Ben

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cloud or dropbox with applications that support it. Sorry that is the only way with iOS at the moment.

OP
B

BennyDanny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I use Dropbox, cloud, box.net, etc, but they all got the same problem, when an application needs to open the file, it automatically stores the file on the iPad, so if I open from Dropbox the same file but with different applications, I will have two duplicated files... And that takes me more memory that I need...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, because of the way that Apple designed the iPad, with it's sand boxing feature (an app can only access it's own files), you will always have this problem.

All you can do is remember in which app(s) you opened the file and go back to them to delete them.

Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts