What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to upgrade from jailbroken 3.2.2 to 4.2.1?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
triodusiecle said:
when you updated to 4.2.1 in iTunes, did it remove Cydia from your apps?
were you with Limera1n? if so, updating removes automatically Cydia and Limera1n and leaves all others apps from installous?

thx!

How do I install Cydia? It's gone now but I have jb 4.2.1 and all my apps but no Cydia?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out. I missed the loader button. That installed Cydia.

johnnypanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out. I missed the loader button. That installed Cydia.

That's it, get Cydia via loader app and then remove loader app.

Had to reinstall installous, but strangely, anything I had already downloaded but not installed was still there waiting to be installed :)

boeda12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hy, I'm new here and i have a question
I now have 3.2.2 jb limeran1 jailbreak on it when I have synchronised and when I connect again to Itunes and want to install 4.2.1 I got there are still programms on your Ipad you must put them to Itines libary do you want to continue or cancel.
Can I safely go on and install without problems????
Please help.

triodusiecle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
finally I decided to do a clean install, copied all IPA apps on a local PC folder, reset ipad factory settings, updated to 4.2.1, installed GP JB, copied back all IPA in iTunes, sync iPad in iTunes, all apps back and working. I lost my saved games but didn't care

Most reactions

Latest posts