What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to update ipad 2 from 5.1 to 5.1.1 without going to ios 7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epzads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE

how can i update my ipad 2 from 5.1 to 5.1.1 ?

I am currently running version 5.1 and using gsm with wifi model of ipad 2 ?

My primary aim is to jailbreak ipad 2

Thanks and waiting for your replies

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE how can i update my ipad 2 from 5.1 to 5.1.1 ? I am currently running version 5.1 and using gsm with wifi model of ipad 2 ? My primary aim is to jailbreak ipad 2 Thanks and waiting for your replies
I'm afraid that if you upgrade, it can only be to iOS 7.0.2. You cannot selectively upgrade your iPad.

OP
E

epzads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid that if you upgrade, it can only be to iOS 7.0.2. You cannot selectively upgrade your iPad.

brother thanks for your reply , i wish there was any other way to do it

thanks

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
brother thanks for your reply , i wish there was any other way to do it thanks
Unfortunately there isn't. That's how Apple operates. Once there is a new update you only have one small window to switch between the new update and the one you had previously. Once that window closes you can't go back. And since you have 5.1 and we are now at 7.0.2 the opportunity to go from 5.1 to 5.1.1 passed long ago.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's situational. If you have iOS 4.X blobs as well as iOS 5.1.1 blobs + APTickets, you can restore to iOS 7.0.2, then downgrade back to iOS 5.1.1. Only if you have both iOS 4 and 5.1.1 blobs.

Otherwise, you're better off waiting on 5.1 for an iOS 7 jailbreak

Last edited:
OP
E

epzads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's situational. If you have iOS 4.X blobs as well as iOS 5.1.1 blobs + APTickets, you can restore to iOS 7.0.2, then downgrade back to iOS 5.1.1. Only if you have both iOS 4 and 5.1.1 blobs.

Otherwise, you're better off waiting on 5.1 for an iOS 7 jailbreak

Thanks for your reply, i saw on the internet that there is chinese software pp which can be used to install crack apps on ios devices without jailbreaking it, is it going to work on ipad 2 running on 5.1 ? any information regarding it or has anyone used it

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, i saw on the internet that there is chinese software pp which can be used to install crack apps on ios devices without jailbreaking it, is it going to work on ipad 2 running on 5.1 ? any information regarding it or has anyone used it

Thanks

Huh. It's amazing what you can read on the Internet! For one thing, if you had read more about this forum on the Internet, you would have found that this forum doesn't like people who try to steal apps!

We won't help you here. This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.*

Go BUY your apps as any honest person would do!

This thread is closed.*

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions