What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to Upgrade an ipad 2 Version 5.1 to 5.1.1, or even downgrade to 5.0.1?

J18Ways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i'm a jailbroken user (have an iPad 3 Wifi only 5.1.1 jailbroken)

A few days ago, i bought a second iPad 2 wifi + 3g and it came with stock version 5.1 and i've read online that if you do not have the SHSH blobs it's impossible to upgrade/downgrade so i can jailbreak that ipad.

Anyone know of any ideas to do an upgrade/downgrade without SHSH blobs seeing as i can't get them?? Either version 5.0.1 or 5.1.1

Also on a side note, i saw this posted on youtube:

open up tinyumbrella and start tss server...
get sn0wbreeze and make a custom 5.1.1 ipsw...
Go into redsnow and do pwn dfu mode
Go into itunes...
Shift+restore and select the sn0wbreeze ipsw u made.
Done!

If i use that method will it work, i don't want to try doing it and end up having to mess up and restore to iOS 6...and wait an infinite amount of time until the iOS 6 jailbreak comes out.

Hope someone can help me with this problem :D Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, your second paragraph contains the truth; you cannot do anything to that iPad2 - other than upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 -without blobs. Never.

Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions