What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer your iPhone to a new laptop/computer, in exchange for some help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey so I have been looking for ages how to transfer my iPhone to a different computer because I know my laptop is on its last legs, so I just wanted to share where I got my information from in hope that it might help someone else.

I still had some control over my old laptop so I did not have to use any third party software. I did not have follow step 2 or anything to do with contacts or events, and my contacts were backup just fine.

But I have a question hopeing someone might have an answer, I also want to transfer my iPad over, I follow all these steps the same as I did for my iPhone but when it has finished, a warning message pops up to say if I sync my iPad everything I'll be erased, this did not happen with my iPhone could anyone help me? Tell me if there is something different I should be doing?

Thanks in advanced!

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

ByteMe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad is still synced to another iTunes library, don't think you have a choice but to start again.

OP
Nfs

Nfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad is still synced to another iTunes library, don't think you have a choice but to start again.

What do u mean by start over? Like reset my iPad as if it was new?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you already have another thread with this same question, we will now close this one. Posting duplicate threads divides any information given, makes it confusing for members and is also against Forum Rules.

.............THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts