What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer tv shows to dropbox

lisapereira66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased some tv shows for my kids and they saved into the videos icon under tv shows. I would like to move them to the Dropbox to free up space on the iPad. Can someone please tell me how to do this. When I click in edit the only option that comes up is the x to delete.

Thanks
Lisa

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
THere is no built-in Dropbox integration in the iPad. Even through the Dropbox app, you can only upload from the Camera Roll.
I would like to welcome you to the iPad Forums, an amazing online community in which iPad users alike from all walks of life come together to discuss the very piece of technology this website is name after, iPad. We hope you enjoy the forum.

We ask that you read and abide by the iPadForums rules.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
Check out the iPF app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
I recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed.
Apple iPad News
For all your iPad FAQ.
iPad FAQ
iPad reviews are all right here.
iPad Reviews
How to create posts and new threads:
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Once again, we are so pleased you have joined us!

Goofy8275 - User of iPadForums

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The bad news:

TV Shows purchased in the iTunes Store are protected content. There is no legitimate way to copy and use them from outside Apple's services.

The good new:

Almost all the TV Shows (and other content) you purchase in the iTunes Store are perpetually yours (as long as Apple and the iTunes Store exist). If you delete them from the iPad you can always go to the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store app and download them again. If you are worried about whether that particular TV Show is an exception, go to the Purchased tab and see if it is there before deleting it.

iStore content is associated with the account your purchase it with, not the device. That means you can have it on multiple devices (if they use the same account) and you don't have to worry about losing access to your content when you upgrade devices.

OP
L

lisapereira66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your advise. I have found where I can locate all of the apps I have previously purchased. This is very convenient.

I would like to delete some tv shows that I purchased for my kids. These are not showing up where the apps are. I went to where the videos are and when I go to store and hit purchased it shows no music purchased at this time.

So do I just have to remember which shows I previously purchased and find them again in the store to redownload them?

Lisa

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your advise. I have found where I can locate all of the apps I have previously purchased. This is very convenient.

I would like to delete some tv shows that I purchased for my kids. These are not showing up where the apps are. I went to where the videos are and when I go to store and hit purchased it shows no music purchased at this time.

So do I just have to remember which shows I previously purchased and find them again in the store to redownload them?

Lisa

In the iTunes app on the device there are 3 buttons at the top of the purchased screen in the black bar for switching between Music, Movies, and TV Shows. They're easy to miss. I missed them the first few times I was looking for a way to see the Videos I purchased :) They blend into the toolbar a little too well.

Most reactions

Latest posts