What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer Contacts to Samsung Android tablet?

Bob Hawkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read Apple put a software restriction in place, limiting power output to 20mA and that this causes a message such as “Cannot Use Device / Mass Storage Device: The connected device requires too much power.” Samsung has an app, "Smart Switch" that I was hoping to use to transfer the list of contacts from my wife's iPad mini to her Samsung Galaxy Tab A. True, a message appears, "Accessory Unavailable / The attached accessory uses too much power."
A YouTube video here
demonstrates a workaround. My history is working with Windows and its file structures. I am quite ignorant when it comes to using Apple products and their apps. It seems from the video, however, that I might need iFile in order to carry out the transfer to a memory stick or the Samsung device, itself, but that app is not present on the iPad Mini. I should appreciate confirmation if this is the route to go by downloading that app. Any other suggestions and necessary steps to achieve my goal would be most welcome.
EDIT: Reading further meanwhile, it seems I have to use an export/import process involving a .vcf file and third-party app, perhaps?

Last edited:
OP
Bob Hawkins

Bob Hawkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SOLVED

A neighbour/friend carried out the transfer successfully. The steps, so far as I remember, were to use Backup and Restore to copy the iPad Mini content to his MacBook; install Samsung Smart Switch to the MacBook; open it on both devices; select items for transfer, such as Contacts and Photos; tap "ALLOW" when prompted in Smart Switch on the Samsung tablet and execute the transfer.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Just curious, does a Samsung tablet not have an equivalent to iCloud for Windows? I am impressed with the sync between Windows and iOS. I can drag files back and forth in the PC placing/ removing them in the iOS devices. My contacts and other pertinent items are there too. I know my stupid kindle won’t avow any knowledge of my existence when I attempt to add my iCloud email to the email settings. Just wondering if this is true across the board? L

Most reactions

Latest posts