What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to track backwards on apps?

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started an app, HTML Presenter. Then I went to the help page. It covers the whole screen. Now I want to get rid of the help and go back to the program where the action is, I don't know how to. There doesn't seem to be any button anywhere for me to go back. I go back to the home of the iPad and start the app again but it still remembers where it was. How to quit it and start from the very beginning.

Now on the iBooks, I am stuck on the page where there are options of Store, Collections and Edit on the top. I don't know how to go back to the first page.

Likewise on the Safari, it always starts with what I had on the screen before as when I quit it. How can I have it start on a clean slate, i.e. no web site at all? Also when I touch the 'x' on the tab, sometimes it would not close the page. I remember for a few times I went to the GoodReader web site I brought up some pages and I couldn't get back to the home page because the current pages would cover the whole screen. There was no hyperlink to send me back to the home page. I don't remember how I managed to get back. I have tried the same on a desktop computer and I don't seem to have any similar problems.

Last but not least, how to quit the app? Every time when I want to, I have to press the bottom home button. Is it the only way or the right way to do it? Isn't there any option on the app itself for me to quit?

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am reading the iPad User Guide. It seems to have solved most of the problems I reported here. I want to delete this thread but I find nowhere to do it. Thank you for everyone's help.

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, i may have a solution for you:
1. Exit the app
2. Double tap the home button
3. Press and hold the issue app, in your case, HTML Presenter
4. Tap the red "-" button(no, this does not uninstall the app, it just closes it)
5. Reopen the app

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. That's what I've found on the iPad User Guide. Thanks. I have managed to do it.

Most reactions