What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad Just Gave Me a Fright

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started my iPad this morning and went away to something. When I came back the screen was black, not so unusual.

What was unusual was that nothing happened when I pressed the power button (or whatever it is called).

Eventually, I held down the power and home buttons for quite a while and the iPad re-booted. The Apple icon displayed for quite some time before things got back to normal.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

I noticed, as an aside, that re-booting doesn't clear the task list.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect this is being caused by downloading apps without resetting the iPad. I know your aren't supposed have to do this, but just like with Computers, some apps just like to have everything reset before they will work correctly. I have gotten into the habit of resetting all iDevices after downloading a couple of apps. The only times I have had a hang is when I forget to reset.:)

Also, when resetting, release the buttons when you see the Apple Icon. Sounded like you were continuing to hold them. Maybe it just sounded like that.;)

Last edited:
OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, when resetting, release the buttons when you see the Apple Icon. Sounded like you were continuing to hold them. Maybe it just sounded like that.;)

You may be right, perhaps I eventually tired and released one of them from the death grip :).

Most reactions

Latest posts