What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if you have an iPad 3?

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll call it iPad 3 instead of " new iPad"....Just to make things easier for others.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

dessipation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contra said:
I think they did this to be different, they always do things like this...it IS. Officially called "the new iPad"

If it is officially "The New iPad," I can't wait for the officially "Newer iPad." in one year from now.

Nice pic of a model, by the way, Who is that?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dessipation said:
If it is officially "The New iPad," I can't wait for the officially "Newer iPad." in one year from now.

Nice pic of a model, by the way, Who is that?

I'll wait for the officially "Newest iPad",in two years from now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clockwork said:
If you see a mic icon in the keyboard, its the new ipad.

Isn't that a feature of iOS 5.1,which would be available to iPad 2 users who upgrade to 5.1?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I'll wait for the officially "Newest iPad",in two years from now.

By then they'll have it in the form of a wearable eye patch and it will be called the Ieye.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The box on the iPad 2 has a an iPad on the front with a greenish background on the display and on the iPad 3 (New iPad) box the iPad in the front has a bluish background. Tough to tell unless you have them side-by-side to compare.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PaulCarleton said:
The box on the iPad 2 has a an iPad on the front with a greenish background on the display and on the iPad 3 (New iPad) box the iPad in the front has a bluish background. Tough to tell unless you have them side-by-side to compare.

I just checked my iPad boxes and the photo on the top of the box for the iPad 2 that was shipped with iOS 5 installed is identical with the photo on the box for the new iPad.The box top for older iPad 2s that were shipped with versions of iOS 4 installed has a photo showing a different arrangement of apps on the screen.The background colour is the same in both versions of the photo,on my boxes anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts