What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if Ipad 2 is fully charged?

bctf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no charge status LED that I can find that changes from red to green for example. Is there a way to tell if the Ipad 2 wifi is fully charged without having to wake it up (I have the smart cover) to see the battery icon percentage?

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Is there a way to tell if the Ipad 2 wifi is fully charged"
I didn't read your post just the caption. Wi-Fi does not charge.

Reaction score
Ncaissie said:

We appreciate that you are trying to help, but before you answer, at least read the full comment. The question is not, whether Wifi charges, or how to show the battery percentage, as this is already enabled, but instead how to find out the amount charged without turning the screen on and that is not possible.

OP
B

bctf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your responses. I do indeed have the % of charge option enabled. I was pretty certain there was no other way to tell if the Ipad is fully charged without turning on the screen but thought I would ask in case I was missing something.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:

We appreciate that you are trying to help, but before you answer, at least read the full comment. The question is not, whether Wifi charges, or how to show the battery percentage, as this is already enabled, but instead how to find out the amount charged without turning the screen on and that is not possible.

I appreciate the advice but they said "Is there a way to tell if the Ipad 2 wifi is fully charged"
People need to stop referring to the Wifi and 3G and just call it an ipad 2. It makes it sound like they are talking about the "wifi" of the Ipad.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way I tell is by feeling of the AC adaptr that plugged into the electrical outlet. If it's warm to the touch then it's still charging. If the adapter is cool to the touch the unit is fully charged.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery Doctor Pro

Get the Battery Doctor Pro app. It notifies you via sound beeps when charging is complete.

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the iPad, do you all normally let the charge go to single digits before re-charging? I'm thinking that I'll keep it for at least a couple years and I'd like the battery to last longer than on my PCs.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always charged overnight and never had a problem.

64GB 3G White iPad

Most reactions