What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop kids from deleting videos?

jeph945

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone how to protect video from deleting in Video app?

I know the deleted videos can be restored by syncing with iTunes. But it's quite annoying when kids find the way to delete videos.

Thanks

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can but I'm definitely sure someone will log in soon!

Welcome by the way!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Reaction score
There is no direct way of protecting Videos against deletion using the standard Videos app.

The only way of stopping kids to delete videos is by hiding the movies. If you go to Settings->General->Restrictions->Allow Content:Movies->Select 'None'. This will hide all movies from being displayed in the Videos app, so they cannot be deleted, nor can they be played. So for watching a movie, you would temporarily change the restriction back to 'Allow all movies'.

This may not be a great solution, but it is the only one Apple gives.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
There is no direct way of protecting Videos against deletion using the standard Videos app.

The only way of stopping kids to delete videos is by hiding the movies. If you go to Settings->General->Restrictions->Allow Content:Movies->Select 'None'. This will hide all movies from being displayed in the Videos app, so they cannot be deleted, nor can they be played. So for watching a movie, you would temporarily change the restriction back to 'Allow all movies'.

This may not be a great solution, but it is the only one Apple gives.

I didn't know that! Thanks a bunch DUMI, you learn something new everyday!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

angeleden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just protect your iPad with a password... and when you place your kids in front of your iPad to watch a movie, just ducktape their hands to the chair.

OP
J

jeph945

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your solutions. I may think about sell the kids. :D

Most reactions