What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop emails and email deletion

bellbram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is in two parts:

Part 1 . How to stop emails. Every time I receive an email on my iMac it is duplicated on my iPad Sometimes I don't use my iPad for several days, then when I do, I find anything up to 500 emails that I have already dealt with on my iMac. Is there a way to prevent them going to the iPad?

Part 2. I know one can easily delete emails on the iPad but at any one time I can only delete the number that will fit on a page - maybe 5 or 6. To delete all the emails that come in as above takes ages. Is there a way to delete ALL emails in one fell swoop?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm not too clued on the email side of things but this all depends on how you have your mail set up. I hope someone will chime in here to help you on this.

As far as deleting emails quickly, the fastest way to delete groups of emails is in landscape mode, on the left hand column at the top you will see Edit press this and the column will shift to the right, go down the column pressing on the emails to delete, you can keep scrolling too, once you have them all selected, press delete which is at the bottom. It's simple and this is the fastest way. Enjoy!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
bellbram said:

Part 1 . How to stop emails. Every time I receive an email on my iMac it is duplicated on my iPad Sometimes I don't use my iPad for several days, then when I do, I find anything up to 500 emails that I have already dealt with on my iMac. Is there a way to prevent them going to the iPad?

Part 2. I know one can easily delete emails on the iPad but at any one time I can only delete the number that will fit on a page - maybe 5 or 6. To delete all the emails that come in as above takes ages. Is there a way to delete ALL emails in one fell swoop?

Part 1: What email service do you use, and how do you get your emails to the Mac?
Part 2: Which OS are you using? I did not yet update to 5.1.1, but did the previous one, and I can actually select more than what fits on one page...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bellbram said:

1. Set fetch schedule to manual on the iPad for the impacted email account. Then it will refresh only upon opening rather than automatically during periods of time when not in use. Not sure but if an exchange account customized inbox sync settings should also do the trick. Inbounds will be replicated, but so should deletes when performed on the iMac if it is syncing to exchange as well. The manual fetch should work regardless of account type.

2. Sorry....I find it cumbersome too. They let you delete all in the trash folder but not select all in others.

OP
B

bellbram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to leelai, hpulmer & Midranger and apologies for delay in responding. To answer hpulmer's queries,
1. For emails I use Mail via my local phone service Manx Telecom.
2. My OS is 10.7.4

Further replies may be delayed 'cos I'n on vacation from 27 May until 11 June.

Cheers

surebind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had recently been gifted an ipad3. I had entered my yahoo email id, however I cant log out of it. Each time i receive a mail its being displayed. My ipad is also handled by my kids. Please advise me regarding logging out of email id. Also suggest how to remove the yahoo id I had provided on my ipad3.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
surebind said:
I had recently been gifted an ipad3. I had entered my yahoo email id, however I cant log out of it. Each time i receive a mail its being displayed. My ipad is also handled by my kids. Please advise me regarding logging out of email id. Also suggest how to remove the yahoo id I had provided on my ipad3.

Delet the account in the settings!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts