What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop auto update that started before it screws up jailbreak (WiFi mini)

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't connected my mini to wifi for a while -- I did so tonight to update the nav program that I use. Once it connected to iTunes, it automatically started the update to 7.0.4!

How can I stop this?

I've disconnected from wifi, but that only paused it, and I need to reconnect to update my charts.

I can't describe how furious I am that those Fascists at Assle have once again taken control of MY PROPERTY.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not quite the same but about two weeks ago my ipad mini froze and when I forcibly restarted it it updated to 7.04 without me giving it any permission to do so. An anti jail breaking measure by Apple?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything I've studied states that while the iOS 7 update will automatically download to your device when it is plugged into the charger and on WiFi, it will not install itself. You still have to manually tap the install button in order for the installation process to begin. The problem for those who do not want the update is that the downloaded iOS update file cannot be deleted from the device, taking up several GB's of storage space which can be quite significant in a device with limited storage capability.

In these Apple update instructions and every other source I've read, the update has to be manually installed after downloading itself. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4623?viewlocale=pt_br&locale=pt_br

OP
S

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It downloaded. I did not install it.

I have also installed No Update. Hopefully that will protect the mini in the future.

I wonder if the download can be cleared out through iFiles, to get the space back? Where would it be located?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It should still be in /var/MobileSoftwareUpdate when downloaded. iCleaner should also pick it up as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts