What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to solve the iTunes Store or iCloud Missing Item issue? Customer Service no use

wonderingwhywhy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent to them through using iTunes "Report a Problem", for a track missing in an album I bought. The answer I got:

> Dear __________,
>
> Your request for a refund for "_________________________________"
> was carefully considered; however, according to the iTunes
> Store Terms of Sale, all purchases made on the iTunes Store are
> ineligible for refund. This policy matches Apple's refund policies and
> provides protection for copyrighted materials.
>
> You can review the iTunes Store Terms of Sale for more information:
>
> [link disallowed]
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Lilly
> iTunes Store Customer Support
> [link disallowed]

(it says: Sincerely, but the reply was nothing Sincere)

So they just send template answers... I also reported that another album I bought did not show up in my iCloud at all and I hope to have it back on iCloud, and I got the same template answer. How can this iTunes / iCloud issue be solved?

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wonderingwhywhy said:
How can this iTunes / iCloud issue be solved?

Purchase issues cannot be solved here and are beyond the scope of this forum. Only the retailer, Apple, can actually do anything about this problem. You may want to phone them with this issue and maybe speak with a supervisor.

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker.

OP
W

wonderingwhywhy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchase issues cannot be solved here and are beyond the scope of this forum. Only the retailer, Apple, can actually do anything about this problem. You may want to phone them with this issue and maybe speak with a supervisor.

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker.

Perhaps people have encountered similar problems and can tell how to solve it. Perhaps emailing some where, or call a particular customer support line (and what's the phone number to use?) These all go to the very main usage if iPhone / iPad with iCloud.

And what do you mean by "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it were me, I would contact the retailer directly, but maybe another member can suggest something.

The "pile of leaves" is a quotation from Linus van Pelt, a Peanuts comic strip character. He was the creation of Charles M. Schulz. He wrote the humorous strips for almost 50 years.

"Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stevnim said:
If it were me, I would contact the retailer directly, but maybe another member can suggest something.

The "pile of leaves" is a quotation from Linus van Pelt, a Peanuts comic strip character. He was the creation of Charles M. Schulz. He wrote the humorous strips for almost 50 years.

"Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."

Yes, I get the Peanuts connection. I personally am having problems with the meaning of sucker in this instance. Of course, maybe there is no meaning and that's where the joke lies.... I know, I'll check a dictionary.

OP
W

wonderingwhywhy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You didn't mean by purchasing songs or audiobook from iTunes store I am a sucker? Or a sucker after the fact that the songs can't be downloaded again?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google brought me back here, and I've been having precisely this problem too.

It's strange, because almost WITHOUT exception I always buy entire albums. I have entire albums on my classic iPod. I've been buying music on iTunes since probably 2005 or so, and I was really excited about the iCloud, since a lot of my M4P tracks are on towers buried in my mom's basement, that I'd rather not have to resurrect one by one to get my music.

What's weird is that it will recognize, say, ONE song that I downloaded from an album ("Woman" from Wolfmother's self-titled debut album, for instance), and yet it has NO OTHER tracks from that album listed. I have the entire album, I burnt the entire album to a CD, I have the entire album on my iPod. And yet there's a dozen tracks missing. The same is true for at least a dozen other albums that I can see from the list on my iTunes purchased tracks by searching on my iPad. I sure hope that this is some sort of beta glitch that's going to get fixed, because otherwise I am NOT impressed one bit by this service. If this old geezer of an iPod decides to die on me, my only recourse is to scrounge through a bunch of authorized account towers, and piecemeal together my collection, making the iCloud worthless. :mad:

OP
W

wonderingwhywhy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google brought me back here, and I've been having precisely this problem too.

I found the solution :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:, which is to go to Express Lane instead. The customer support there is to solve issue, while the "Report a problem" in the email receipt seems like is for refund handling only.

Either google for: express lane apple

or go to the address as of right now: https://expresslane.apple.com

Most reactions

Latest posts