What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to pick image for front of photo albums?

donaldfrancis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I load different folders full of photos onto my iPad, how can I select which photo from each album is the image on the front of that particular album? I thought it might be the first or last photo in the folder based on how they were sorted before I imported them, but it appears that just an arbitrary photo from each album shows up on the front of that album. Any suggestions?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to know too.

One album has a topless picture of my girlfriend I rather no one sees as I'm going through different albums..

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the photo sort app and after I create an album I renumber all the pictures that I put in the album,and the one I want to use as the cover photo I number it number 0001.I am not sure if that will work for the way you have yours set up.

OP
D

donaldfrancis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that, but it didn't work. Somehow the system just picks an arbitrary image to purt on the front of the album???

Katomate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to know too.

One album has a topless picture of my girlfriend I rather no one sees as I'm going through different albums..

Haha... Wow That is funny.
I figured out how to set à picture as front picture.
Your iPad sets it the picture in order of date.
So if you make à copy of houd picture that you want in front and put that one on your iPad.
I am NOS glimt to look if you can change your settings so that you can do this with the names.

sorry for my bad english I from holland
Regards katomate
BTW if Someone figured it out please note this

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it just follows iPhoto. I'm pretty sure in iPhoto to set the album pic you just roll over the album and press either ctrl or cmd when you get to the one you want and it will stick.

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I load different folders full of photos onto my iPad, how can I select which photo from each album is the image on the front of that particular album? I thought it might be the first or last photo in the folder based on how they were sorted before I imported them, but it appears that just an arbitrary photo from each album shows up on the front of that album. Any suggestions?

Try reading the post: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/15111-getting-images-onto-ipad.html someone had wrote this topic and the information is helpful and would help you out.

In short...

On your desktop/laptop computer, where you have all your photos, either with Windows or Mac OS, copy any images you want to have on your iPad into a folder you want to become an album once it is synced to iPad,

But make sure that the first image you want to become the front, must be the first you need to copy and save under new filename. It is NOT the filenames that sort the photos, it IS the file's "last modifed date" that is the reason, but be aware there are other hidden data that could play a role.

After doing that with the first photo, the one you want to be on the front, do the rest, but make sure you do not change the first photo becuase if you do, its "last modified date" will become most recent.

The photos are sorted from the earliest "last modifed date" to the most recent one. Which is why the first image you must save must be the one you want to be at the front.

Any problems understanding or if you need more help, feel free to ask here or PM me. Hope it helps?

Most reactions

Latest posts