What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Managing photos?

paxton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Brand new, so I apologize in advance if this has been flogged already. I didn't see it, so here goes. I just loaded more than 400 photos onto the ipad. On my PC they were in a "personal photos" folder, with lots of subject-specific folders and sub-folders tucked inside. What I got after the prompt that allowed me to specify the "personal photos" folder only were all photos loaded into one album. Apparently Apple "albums" don't recognize Windows "folders." Is there a work-around, or do I have to load each subject folder separately?

Thanks.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything. You can do this by un-checking "Sync Photos from..." and syncing, this will delete all of the photos on the iPad.

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "personal photos" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "personal photos" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

It appears that you can only have folders one deep, no sub-folders.

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me with about the same number of photos. I found an app named ( Photo sort for iPad ) and it works perfectly for me. I think it costs $1.99 but was well worth it for me.It let's you create albums and name them what you want and put your photos in the albums and name them or just number them.

Ladyhighlander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
My second posting so bear with me!
Managing iPad photos changed when I upgraded last week.....
The original software used to manage my iphone photos transferred to ipad photos
1) in albums
And
2)
By dates (as the iPhone records the date !? I took photo!?)
3) by locations (as the iPhone "knows" thru gps!? Where I was!?)
But NOW after newest download via iTunes to upgrade my iPad,
I've lost #2 By dates !?
What gives!?
Has anyone else noticed this?! And is there a work around!?
I read there is an app to manage photos but the managing by dates was
automatic and great :-0
Any assistance would be awesome!
THANX!

Most reactions

Latest posts