What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to mass delete photos while travelling without another computer

Gileswarren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've tried and tried to find the solution to this problem but I just can't, I love apple and their products but I'm lost as to why it's so hard to find a solution to this fairly simple problem,

I do time lapse photography which means plugging my DSLR memory card into my ipad to import 1000-2000 photos at a time to create a timelapse,,once I have my timelapse video I need to delete all the imported photos to create room for new ones,

As there's no select all function (holding down 2 fingers and dragging won't work either) it's not really practical to select every photo every time,
When I'm at home I can plug it into a laptop and delete them from 'my computer' but I'm travelling to India soon and won't be able to do this,

Is there anything I can do (other than erase all content and settings ) to mass delete all camera roll photos (settings - using - swipe - delete doesn't work nor does edit and delete whole albums)

Any apps that would do this for me ?
Cheers

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open your photo album

image-3113193600.jpg

In the top right corner tap the square with the little arrow coming out

image-3079728029.jpg

You will see the top change something like this

Now tap all the photographs you wish to delete, you will see a blue circle with a check on each you tap

image-1144872121.jpg

Once all are selected tap delete and say yes when it asks to confirm

This should make it a little easier and quicker than deleting one at a time

OP
G

Gileswarren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks zstairlessone but I meant is there anyway of deleting every photo on the ipad without having to select every photo individually

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is only possible with iOS 7. It wasn't an option before. If you still use iOS 6, you can't do this:
In the Photo app, go to the collections view: image-726798228.jpg Tap the pictures to show the months/days (Moments). Then you get the possibility to select pictures: image-1819589203.jpg Tap it. Now you'll find "Select" above the picture collection of the days. If you choose "Select" there, all the pictures of that day will be marked. image-3239552107.jpg Then you can choose the Trash icon, and the photos will be removed from your Camera Roll. Hope that helps.

OP
G

Gileswarren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A thanks , you don't know how long I've been trying to find a solution to this problem ! finally I've got one , cheers man

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for finding that Johanna. Not as nice as being able to delete albums, but close enough to be useful.
I was looking for a replacement for the ability to delete imported albums. I remember that it was possible with iOS 6. That's a handy workaround.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for finding that Johanna. Not as nice as being able to delete albums, but close enough to be useful.

Hi Johanna​ - believe that you posted that excellent option for 'bulk' delete of photos before but I could not remember it! Thanks for the reminder - Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Johanna​ - believe that you posted that excellent option for 'bulk' delete of photos before but I could not remember it! Thanks for the reminder - Dave :)
I don't think I posted it before. I found it shortly before I posted it. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts