What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Imported Albums/Photos?

barmar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just imported some photos using standard photo App and they ended up in two separate albums--'Last Import' and 'All Impoted'. I then created a separate new album of selected photos from the imported albums which I wish to keep. Now, how do I delete the 'Last Import' and 'All Imported' albums and all the photos therein? I can't seem to delete these 'Import' albums and when I attempt to delete individual photos from the 'Import' albums I get a message stating it will delete the photo from everywhere including the photo in the newly created album which I wish to keep. What's up? I must be missing something so looking for some help. Thanks, B

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
barmar said:
Just imported some photos using standard photo App and they ended up in two separate albums--'Last Import' and 'All Impoted'. I then created a separate new album of selected photos from the imported albums which I wish to keep. Now, how do I delete the 'Last Import' and 'All Imported' albums and all the photos therein? I can't seem to delete these 'Import' albums and when I attempt to delete individual photos from the 'Import' albums I get a message stating it will delete the photo from everywhere including the photo in the newly created album which I wish to keep. What's up? I must be missing something so looking for some help. Thanks, B

Hello barmar, you have reached the photo wall. Last Import and All Imported are the two main file folders that the Photo app creates to help you keep track of all the photos you imported from your camera via the camera connection kit. If you subsequently create albums onboard your iPad and bring those into your own created albums, the file will now be in three folders. It is confusing. I have learned to ignore the last import and all imported files when I have to show off my photos.

BTW, when you import more files, the "last import" folder will contain only those photos that you imported.

OP
B

barmar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks MattIM---I sort of concluded as much but it's seems rather unfortunate since both "Import" albums are using storage space which is a bit of a waste, especially the "All Imported" album which could get pretty large with several imports over time!! Perhaps it would be best to import to a PC first then sync the selected albums/photos to iPad,,,sure is a lot to learn!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are sure they are using additional space? It could just be stored in a single folder and linked elsewhere, for the purpose of making it easy to see which came in last. I think Albums work the same way. In my understanding, they are just sorting tools, not physical file duplications. You can create grouping of related files for eash access, but they are not taking up additional space. If you delete an album, it likely won't remove the photo from the camera roll, for example, but it will remove the link to that photo in the album.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are sure they are using additional space? It could just be stored in a single folder and linked elsewhere, for the purpose of making it easy to see which came in last. I think Albums work the same way. In my understanding, they are just sorting tools, not physical file duplications. You can create grouping of related files for eash access, but they are not taking up additional space. If you delete an album, it likely won't remove the photo from the camera roll, for example, but it will remove the link to that photo in the album.

That's my understanding, too -- that they take no additional space, because they're just photo links, not actual copies. That's why they won't let you kill out the originals without deleting from the other albums.

OP
B

barmar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs folks!! You've eased my conerns re taking space---makes sense that the 'import' albums are simply links rather than files, etc. Just got my iPad and learning something new/neat everyday!! Cheers, B

Most reactions

Latest posts