What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to link Google Calendar to ipad calendar

emoreira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any posibility to link the Google Calendar to the iPad 2 calendar ?
I could not find the way to do this.

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible. It depends on the software on your iPad which way to set it up. Also: is it one calendar that you want to sync to it, or are there more than one?

auk001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.aukstudios.com
It may also depend on which version of iOS you're running. If you've upgraded to iOS 7, try going to Settings | Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Under Accounts, you should see your gmail account listed (I'm assuming you have a gmail account if you have a Google Calendar). Tap that Account, and then turn on the Calendars option to sync that account's calendar with the built-in iOS calendar.

- Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Other possibility to add Google calendar only (iOS 6, still working with the new software):

Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar. There, tap "Add Account". Next page: choose "Other". Now go to Calendar and "Add CalDAV Account". To set up the account, add www . google . com as server, enter your email address and password and if you like it, enter a name, like "Google Calendar". Tap "Next". The information will be verified, choose "Save", and Google calendar will be added to the accounts.

Last edited:

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having issues with this. iOS7, iPad2 - I have all the right things set up (as suggested below) - even IN the calendars app I can click on the bottom menu "Calendars" and get the pop up window "Show Calendars" which does in fact list my Google Calendar. - Checking and unchecking it makes events appear and disappear - HOWEVER - not all my Google calendar events are on there to begin with.

Not all my G-Cal events meaning = on my Mac (Mavericks) I can see them - on my Android Phone I can see all of them - on my iPad I cannot.
In "Calendar" on the Mac - checking and unchecking the Google Calendar checkbox (LH side) makes all the event appear and disappear - so it verifies they are all on this one calendar - not spread across different ones.

All I want is one (Google Calendar) shared across all 3 and this seems to elude me on the iPad - but works fine between the Android and Mac, and obviously online.
Syncing what we see on a Mac and what we see on an iPad should be simple - what am I missing?

It may also depend on which version of iOS you're running. If you've upgraded to iOS 7, try going to Settings | Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Under Accounts, you should see your gmail account listed (I'm assuming you have a gmail account if you have a Google Calendar). Tap that Account, and then turn on the Calendars option to sync that account's calendar with the built-in iOS calendar.

- Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts