What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to keep track of your cell usage

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a wifi only Ipad for almost 2 years so new to one with 3/4G. I chose the smallest amount of data because we have so much wifi available and I want to see how much I use. How do you find/keep up with your data usage? I found one place in settings for data and cell usage but mine now says 0 altho' it did have a small amount of kbs. I did not reset it but it now apopears to be reset.

ducati2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, usually your ISP would provide you with a landing page which you could log into and do maintanance and possibly purchase data. My ISP landing page only works when I am in 3G mode. I suggest you check with your ISP.

Cheers

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Diane B said:
I had a wifi only Ipad for almost 2 years so new to one with 3/4G. I chose the smallest amount of data because we have so much wifi available and I want to see how much I use. How do you find/keep up with your data usage? I found one place in settings for data and cell usage but mine now says 0 altho' it did have a small amount of kbs. I did not reset it but it now apopears to be reset.

Your ipad jailbroken? If so,go into cydia and install "QueryUssd".Before you install it though,read the operating instructions

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Diane B said:

Hello Diane. My original iPad is wifi+3G and I am using a program called Download Meter. It is in the app store. What I like about it is: 1) instant information, 2) automatic, 3) it monitors your use of data services and wifi, as you are using it. It tells you how close you are to running on empty. It gives you notice on how much you can use per day for your 30 day period. Here is a picture:

72b817f3.jpg

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up getting the Data Usage app which is similar. I am not really using any data since I have many sources of freewifi in my area but will use it occasionally and know I will use it for travel as I used my husband's mobile hot spot quite a lot for that (and he has goven that up with new Iphone). Knowing how much I'm using per day, having an alert all will give me some idea of whether I need to up my data plan or not (I'm using the very small 1 GB in Verizon right now).

Most reactions

Latest posts