What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to have same app in multiple locations

Kingshootr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my ipad set up with folders, grouping themes of apps together. However, Safari is in the bottom bar, with other general apps (mail, settings, etc). So if i'm in a folder using Maps, I have to back out to get to Safari to look something up.

Is it possible to have a "copy" of Safari in each folder so it is easier to go back and forth? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - sort of.

You can save an icon of a bookmark to your Home screen by touching on the 'curly arrow' icon on the Safari top menu bar and choosing 'Add to Home Screen'. That will place an icon of that page on your Home screen and you can then copy that icon into one of your folders. Then you can repeat the process for additional bookmarks - making each one an appropriate icon on the Home page and copying it to the appropriate folder. Then you can simply touch that bookmark icon and it will open Safari at that page.

So, for example, for the 'Maps' folder, you might choose a bookmark that's appropriate to maps, save that as an icon to your Home page and then move that icon to the Maps folder.

Another way, of course, is to double tap the Home button to open the multi-task bar - there you'll see the Safari icon, if Safari is running, and you can switch straight to it without leaving the folder that you're already in.

Tim

OP
K

Kingshootr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As usual, Tim, your solution works perfectly. I just made a shortcut to a search engine and moved it into each folder. Awesome. Thanks again.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks!
Any news if Apple is bringing that feature to iOS5?

Coz at the moment - I'm just a happy Windows user :) Xcode works only in Mac :confused:

You can do it with Windows, too, if you want....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH41oNGwcT0]‪Enable Multi touch Gestures on iPad 2 without Jailbreak on windows.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts