What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to drag n drop files from memory card to dropbox

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need some advice -- this Ipad 3 is still mysterious to me :)

i have insertede the Camera connector in my Ipad, and the jpg turns up nicely in Photos.

But I do not want them on my Ipad I want them on my Dropbox, and most of all, to a external harddrive...

I have both my Dropbox and the camera memmory card visible in IFile, and I can easliy copy/paste one and one file.
but, how do I drag drop / copy ALL the files in a single operation?

Also, is it possible to attach an external hardrive to the Camera conn kit, giving me possiblitiy to drag n drop all the files from memory card to this drive?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are in iFile and are selecting the files to transfer - can't you just keep selecting them (making the red checks to the left of the file) until you've got the ones ready you wish to copy? Then, you can go to where you wish to paste and paste them all.

iFile is a bit different in that the steps are press the Edit button > select the file(s) by putting a red circled check mark to the left of them > copy or paste (by pressing the clipboard icon) > press the Done button > navigate to where you wish to put the files > press Edit again > press the clipboard to select paste.

For the external hard drive question, have a look at this sticky: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=71951. I've not tried this, but the gentleman who wrote it has a very good tutorial and notes on using an external storage device. Hopefully, that'll help.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts