What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to download videos from amazon.com ?

Ricky7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I’m using an iPad Pro 2020 with size 12.9 inches.
I’m trying to download videos from products from amazon.com.

but I can’t figure out how.
I tried with a website but the website couldn’t detect the video. I also tried with an app but with no luck.
Is there a way or a website I can use to do this ?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've never done it myself, but I suspect you can only do it using Amazon's Prime Video app.

The download option shows up when you select a video (for most videos) and there it is a Downloads tab at the bottom to show what you have downloaded.

It's in the App Store, of course.

OP
R

Ricky7

iPF Noob
Reaction score

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In that case the only method I know of is using Screen Capture, as BikeFlagAZ suggested. To make it easier, add Screen Recording to your Control Center.

• Expand the video to full screen before playing for best results.
  • Captured video will include everything on screen, including incoming notifications.
  • Make sure microphone is off in the options if you don’t want room noises to be included.
  • The default location for the video is Photos. You can do some very basic editing there. You can do a bit more in the Movies app.

B3CAF096-8144-4C39-A903-8361F2EC05F4.jpeg

A6A8710E-906F-4722-A2D9-DF429C7AC49D.jpeg

A15D5491-1C55-4B79-8D87-57479FEB06D2.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since the site itself does not allow for video downloading, the only choice is to record the video as it plays. This is because the server is not showing you the file, only a stream of data from the file. It's the difference between someone pointing at some water bottles on a shelf, or pouring you a glass of water. In the second case, you have no control over how the water is delivered. You can only accept it as it comes.

There might be specialized web browsers that will make recording a playing video more conveniently than using Screen Recording, but none that will do the job faster.

-----------
Edit for after thought

Since videos do buffer, it might be possible to record them faster than the viewing speed. Still not as fast or simple as downloading a file, but better. Sadly, I have no idea if or what tool that would be; except like previously mentioned it would incorporate some kind of browser to view the site and play the videos.

Last edited:

Most reactions