What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Ebooks from other countries

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and as wondering how buying ebooks works. Is it possible to buy an ebook from amazon.com for the kindle and read it on my iPad in the UK? Can I get Ebooks from websites such as Waterstones (a UK bookshop) and then get it on the iPad, or would I have to purchase from iBooks, the Kindle app or Stanza? Or are these just apps that allow you to read books?

You can see i am confused, i am just trying to figure out the limitations of ebooks.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you install Kindle app on your iPad, it will prompt you to open an account to Amazon UK and there you will be able to see what you are allowed to purchase.

But you don't have to do that just yet. Just go through Kindle books from your computer on amazon.uk.

I'm in Canada and amazon.ca is not very different in choices from amazon.com

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
The iPad is the most open for reading ebooks of any device, except a laptop.... below is a list of formats and the app to read them on the iPad.... I got this from mobileread.com

iBooks (Fairplay ePub)

iBooks

Kindle (various formats)
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/kindle-store-ebooks-newspapers-blogs/b/ref=topnav_storetab_kinh?ie=UTF8&node=133141011"]Kindle App[/ame], by Amazon (iPad and iPhone apps available, no sideloading)

Barnes and Noble (Adobe Ignoble PDF and ePub)
Barnes and Noble eReader Apps, by Barnes and Noble (iPad and iPhone apps available, no sideloading)

Adobe Inept (PDF and ePub)
Kobo, by Kobo (iPad and iPhone apps available, no sideloading)
Txtr, by Txtr (iPhone app available)

Non-DRM Formats:
ePub
iBooks, by Apple (iPad app available now, iPhone app 6/21)
Stanza App, by Lexcycle (iPad and iPhone apps available)
IBIS Reader, by Threepress (HTML5 based, no app required)

PDF
Stanza, by Lexcycle (iPad and iPhone apps available)
Cloudreaders by Cloudreaders
GoodReader by Good-i-Ware
iBooks, by Apple (for both iPad and iPhone on 6/21)

Mobi

PDB
iSilo by iSilo (iPad and iPhone apps available)

Other:
Comics (CBR, CBZ)
Cloudreaders by Cloudreaders
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/comic...=8] Comic Zeal by bitolithic.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though you already have the Kobo app on your list, you can add Borders to the list of content suppliers. As you pointed out in another thread, Borders uses the Kobo app as their reader.

Most reactions

Latest posts