What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete previously synced albums?

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mistakenly synced photo albums with my iPad. I am now looking for a way to delete those albums.
I have not found a way to do so. Is there a way to unsynce these previously synced albums and remove all the photos from the iPad?

This should not be this difficult!!!
Thanx. Grey goose
G

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they are photos that were synced via iTunes then you will need to remove them using iTunes as well. Simply plug your iPad into your computer and click on it in iTunes. Proceed to the photos tab and there you will be able to remove them.

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
If they are photos that were synced via iTunes then you will need to remove them using iTunes as well. Simply plug your iPad into your computer and click on it in iTunes. Proceed to the photos tab and there you will be able to remove them.

I was not able to remove the photos that way. I saw the folders listed within iTunes but did not see away to you remove them.
I ended out creating a new folder in windows that was empty and then sinking iTunes to that folder.
That's seem to Remove all the folders that were previously in there and leave me with an empty space which is what I was after. Seems like a backwards way to do something very simple.

If you know of a better way I'm all ears.

Also, how do I get photos to my iPad without syncing? I'm able to move books and movies without syncing, why not photos?
Thanks
Great goose

Last edited:
OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
All you should've had to do was turn off photo syncing in the Photos tab, and then sync.

That's what I thought but albums and content within never left the house.

Greygoose

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All I can suggest is try, try again. But since you've already solved this in less direct manner, I guess it's no longer of concern (this time). ;)

Ageace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was not able to remove the photos that way. I saw the folders listed within iTunes but did not see away to you remove them.
I ended out creating a new folder in windows that was empty and then sinking iTunes to that folder.
That's seem to Remove all the folders that were previously in there and leave me with an empty space which is what I was after. Seems like a backwards way to do something very simple.

If you know of a better way I'm all ears.

Also, how do I get photos to my iPad without syncing? I'm able to move books and movies without syncing, why not photos?
Thanks
Great goose
I use a great little program called photo sync. You then simply drag the photos to the photosync window on your pc and choose what album - simple.

Most reactions