What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create photo album to share over icloud

wec43wec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you create a photo album with over 100 photos to share with friends over iCloud?
Is there a limit of photos you can share (not videos)?
My current system is an iPad Pro 10.5 using WiFi

Thanks for any help I can get !

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How do you create a photo album with over 100 photos to share with friends over iCloud?
Is there a limit of photos you can share (not videos)?
My current system is an iPad Pro 10.5 using WiFi

Hello - take a look at this Apple Support Article which should answer your questions, including the number of photos/videos permitted (see below from the link). Good luck. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 8.58.56 AM.png

OP
W

wec43wec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow !!!!
Thanks so much for the quick response!
Problem - I was able to create and send 3 separate links of albums that contained 2 photos, another with 2 more photos and a 3rd with 40 photos.

However, the fourth Shared Album I created and sent the link (I used the public option within Shared photos) the person I sent it to could only see / view 18 of the 100 photos.

Note - I deleted photos in other Shared Albums to ensure I was not over the 5,000 limit.

Any idea as to why we can only see 18 of the 100 photos?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow !!!!
Thanks so much for the quick response!
Problem - I was able to create and send 3 separate links of albums that contained 2 photos, another with 2 more photos and a 3rd with 40 photos.

However, the fourth Shared Album I created and sent the link (I used the public option within Shared photos) the person I sent it to could only see / view 18 of the 100 photos.

Note - I deleted photos in other Shared Albums to ensure I was not over the 5,000 limit.

Any idea as to why we can only see 18 of the 100 photos?

Sorry, but I'm not that familiar with using Shared Albums in the cloud to provide any immediate suggestions - I do not use the feature at present. I know that others in the forum have started a thread(s) on the topic, so Apple likely has some unresolved issues w/ the service.

Hopefully, others with more experience will come along to help. Otherwise, continue to do some searching, plus you might want to go to the bottom of the link in my post where a question can be left in the Apple Community. Good luck and if you find an answer please post back to help others. Dave :)

OP
W

wec43wec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, and Thanks to everyone else !
A solution was found.
It was suggested to simply recreate another Shared Album (with the same photos) and resend the public website link. Everything worked as planned. The original file may have been corrupt.

again, thanks to all !

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, and Thanks to everyone else !
A solution was found.
It was suggested to simply recreate another Shared Album (with the same photos) and resend the public website link. Everything worked as planned. The original file may have been corrupt.

again, thanks to all !

Well, congrats! :) Often 'starting over', 'rebooting', 'forgetting a Wi-Fi network', etc - could go on, but glad that you found an easy solution! Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts