What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Copy photo's from CD Card to Gen 3 with 32 Pin Connector.

shetland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

My wife has a Gen 3 Ipad with the old 32 pin connector. How can she copy photo's from an SD card onto the Ipad. I have a Ipad Mini and am getting a Lightening / CS card reader cable. Could I connect this to my wife's Ipad using an adapter or is there any other way I could do this.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, My wife has a Gen 3 Ipad with the old 32 pin connector. How can she copy photo's from an SD card onto the Ipad. I have a Ipad Mini and am getting a Lightening / CS card reader cable. Could I connect this to my wife's Ipad using an adapter or is there any other way I could do this.
While there are Lightning to 30 pin adapters, there are no 30 pin to lightning adapters, so you would not be able to use the SD card reader you are considering for your iPad mini on your wife's iPad 3. On the other hand, you could buy the camera connection kit for the 30 pin connector and use the Lightning to 30 pin adapter to connect it to your iPad mini.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or, you could copy the photos from the SD card to your own iPad, then email them to your wife. Or put them on the computer you use for backups and use iTunes for file transfer.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And yet another option that you both could used in the future to transfer data on a SD card to either iPad, i.e. AirStash, an inexpensive device that accepts SD cards and sets up a personal Wi-Fi network; requires an app (free) on your iPad but works well - check the link to Amazon reviews; we also have a 'sticky' thread on this forum; other 'wireless' options exist - good luck! Dave

airstash_16gb.jpg

Frawick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo sharing using the iCloud may be an alternative.

Most reactions

Latest posts