What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connector Kit only 1-way import from SD card?

PrimoOptimoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have I read correctly, the Camera Connector Kit will only take files from the SD card into the iPad, not the other way around?

I was hoping I could move MP3 files from the iPad onto an SD card since my car has an SD reader. Damn.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Correct. A one-way street into the iPad. The Camera Connection Kit would be even more rare if it did upload and download!!

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still waiting for my camera kit, but I'm under the impression that it can't be used to move MP3 files in Either direction - just movies and pix.

However, the Camera kit apparantly Can be fooled into loading movies and pix from a USB drive. See HERE.

In order to make the iPad think the USB drive is a camera, you just need to create a folder with the name DCIM, and copy your movie files from your computer into that folder. Once plugged into your iPad via the Camera Connection Kit, you should be able to import them as you need.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still waiting for my camera kit, but I'm under the impression that it can't be used to move MP3 files in Either direction - just movies and pix.

However, the Camera kit apparantly Can be fooled into loading movies and pix from a USB drive. See HERE.

In order to make the iPad think the USB drive is a camera, you just need to create a folder with the name DCIM, and copy your movie files from your computer into that folder. Once plugged into your iPad via the Camera Connection Kit, you should be able to import them as you need.

I ordered my camera connection kit on 27 June,today I received a email with a delivery date of 30 Jul and tracking it I see it left Hong Kong today.:)

Al.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Drag Bunt for that link,and thanks to the people on this forum, I am learning new things every day.:)

Al

NickR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to have a look at this POST:-

Camera Connection Kit + Jailbreak = cheap video storage! in the iPad Hacking forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts