What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Clear Mail Usage Space

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed under Settings > General > Usage that my Mail app is taking up 1.5GB and wish to clear and reclaim this space. I tried deleting all accounts and adding them back but that does not work, even with zero mail accounts, the usage still shows as 1.5GB. Using iCleaner Pro does not help either.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. I am on IOS 7.0.6.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try backing up your iPad through iTunes on your computer, then restore your iPad. This will erase your iPad and re-install a fresh copy of iOS 9.1. Then, when prompted, set up your iPad from the backup you made. This should take care of that storage space taken up by your mail app.

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to avoid upgrading to 9.1 as I don't wish to lose my jailbreak. Hoping someone else may have some solution to this.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you've already removed the accounts and set them up again, which didn't help, there's no other solution but to restore it, as suggested by scifan57 above.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Besides backing up your iPad before the restore, you'll want to backup all your jailbroken apps and tweaks, this will, when the next jailbreak becomes available, enable you to restore everything to the state it was in at the time you restored your iPad. The best backup tweak is PKGBackup, a paid tweak that costs $8.00.

Most reactions

Latest posts