What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to clean up mail?

dmacklewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running low on space and in an attempt to free up some space, I deleted all the mail in mailboxes, sent and trash but usage says the app still takes up 800MB. What data is remaining and how do I delete it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am running low on space and in an attempt to free up some space, I deleted all the mail in mailboxes, sent and trash but usage says the app still takes up 800MB. What data is remaining and how do I delete it?
Delete the accounts and reinstall them. This should free up space.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It can be that attachments are still being cached on the device. If investments allow for it, I'd recommend purchasing the below app, which will clear any cached data and residual data leftover even if you've deleted an app. It runs for several dollars and is definitely worth it, especially if you're looking to clean out as much junk and cache as I do on a weekly basis.

https://itunes.apple.com/FI/app/id661800424

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

OP
D

dmacklewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Willerz2, I would try that app but the link you supplied doesn't work. What is the name of the app?

Most reactions