What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change WiFi Password

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did a Google services and it said to type 10.0.0.1into my browser.I did that an nothing opened. My router is xfinity.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm. An Xfinity router. That means you got it through Verizon, right? I'd call them and ask them how to change the password. You should have received some kind of support number or email from them.

There is a lot of variation on how routers are setup, so it's very difficult to offer general advice for them.

dasipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xfinity is Comcast.....and their GATEWAYS ARE JUNK.....PURE AND SIMPLE!!!:(
If you MUST use one of these....Call Comcast and have them put it in BRIDGE MODE....then you can use your own QUALITY router, with its own wireless system....
I just left Comcast after being with them for many years (our local phone co. has their own HSI/TV network here now....ONE GIGABIT internet (1000Mbps down/400 up!!) for LESS $$ than CC charges for 150/20!!:rolleyes:)
AFAIK....the wi-fi password CAN be changed in the gateway's UI...if you can't access the UI with http://10.0.0.1, try http://192.168.100.1 -- that's the "de facto" URL for a "straight" cable modem...
Failing all else....drop the %$%$# gateway and get your own modem (I loved my Zoom 5341J!!:))...you'll be MUCH happier, trust me!! AND....you'll save the monthly lease fee!!
Good luck!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did a Google services and it said to type 10.0.0.1into my browser.I did that an nothing opened. My router is xfinity.

Hello - you've already received some suggestions - home routers use 'reserved IP' addresses often to assess their configuration programs in a web browser (although Apple routers utilize the 'AirPort Utility') and for assignment of the various devices w/i a home network; the 10.x.x.x & 192.168.x.x ranges are the common ones assigned; so as already posted, try the other starting w/ 192....

There is some more information here on Comcast Routers; the company seems to offer a variety of brands/models - these devices of course can be 'reset' (usually a tiny button or hole activated w/ a paper clip) but then entry into the configuration program would be needed and knowledge of how to setup the router - I'm also assuming that your model is both a modem & router or do you have separate machines?

I guess that you'll need to contact your ISP, i.e. Comcast and get their advice? Good luck - Dave :)

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a techno idiot. That being said I dumped AT&T and installed Ooma Telo which requires a phone and Ethernet inputs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 240
OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for all the help. I will call Comcast tomorrow.

Most reactions