What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change Apple ID on ipad?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have done that ~ my local Apple store is awesome ~ spent some time in there with a few guys working on it ~ and on the phone.

I even emailed iTunes, Apple ~

Uncle, huh? Not a bad idea....:D

So have you had any luck with it yet?

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
No ~ I have not had any luck since I opened this thread in Dec of last year.:(

I had a look at the Apple help pages but from what I have read they are the only ones who can help you.........aside from a priest maybe!

The Archangel

JGR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same, or similar problem...got help

SweetPoison asked me to post how I got my situation fixed. My house -which is a mixed use place - changed Fios owners putting my email sub-account out of order and it's way to long a story as to why I couldn't get the account back. Unfortunately, the email account address was also my Apple ID. As I got this ID many years ago I didn't think that I could just go into my Apple account and change the email to a new email. So, I changed my Apple ID. A day later I noticing on my iPad and iPhone new apps to update. When I hit update it showed the old email address which was my old Apple ID I used to buy the apps. However, it would not accept the password I have been using like forever. I did everything, EVERYTHING, did I say everthing?... that was previously mentioned by posters so I'll not make this a longer post. After visits to two Geniuses at two Apple stores, I used Sunday free time to call Apple support (there is no call in for itunes support, just the many emails I sent them over the past few days including screenshots). After patiently ( I really had no patience as I have been obsessing over this 24/7 for days and involving all my tech savvy friends in my frenzy), I explained all I had done or understood to do. So here is how the problem was solved: the Apple support rep asked me to stay on the line while they emailed (texted?) itunes support ( they obviously have an internal system outsiders don't have access to as it was only a few minutes before they had someone to 'chat' with). I was told told my old ID was still connected to all previous itune purchases (that includes 100 plus apps). So, I was asked to give all my identifying information that I used to make purchases on my old ID. 'They' matched this to my new ID and told me to go online and verify it in my new ID account (I am using the same credit card and mailing address information as the old ID). After this I was told to go to my iPad to Settings: to the Store - and enter in my new Apple ID and password. The iPad (and later iPhone) accepted this. When I went back to update apps waiting to be updated...voila...it no longer showed my old ID asking for a password, but starting updating all the apps that were waiting! I guess this may be termed linking the accounts, but anyway the issue that would not go away did and I'm a kinder gentler person today. Thanks to all who offered solutions on this tread as I could not have said I tried EVERYTHING before this life- ( or at least time-) changing event.:)
JGR

jbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For Sweet Poison:
I am so sorry to write you direct....but I am not authorized to email you privately since I am a newbie. Just read your threads on the trouble you had getting your IPAD to recognize your new email address in the Itunes APPS mode of IPAD. In my case, the IPAD just keeps asking me to sign in using my old email address which is now cancelled. I use a standalone IMAC OSX ver 10.5.8 as the the IPAD Mother and I changed to a new email address on my Itunes just fine....but even though I have resynched several times to the IPAD....Itunes/Apps on IPAD still has the locked-in old email for my access.

Can you or anyone else reading this recommend a solution? I cannot find any way to change the email address while in the Itunes APP mode of IPAD. I have already deleted the old email setup in IPAD Settings and added the new email?....so it seems--the program is not grabbing the new one from my IPAD Email registry......

trudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jbcn said:
For Sweet Poison:
I am so sorry to write you direct....but I am not authorized to email you privately since I am a newbie. Just read your threads on the trouble you had getting your IPAD to recognize your new email address in the Itunes APPS mode of IPAD. In my case, the IPAD just keeps asking me to sign in using my old email address which is now cancelled. I use a standalone IMAC OSX ver 10.5.8 as the the IPAD Mother and I changed to a new email address on my Itunes just fine....but even though I have resynched several times to the IPAD....Itunes/Apps on IPAD still has the locked-in old email for my access.

Can you or anyone else reading this recommend a solution? I cannot find any way to change the email address while in the Itunes APP mode of IPAD. I have already deleted the old email setup in IPAD Settings and added the new email?....so it seems--the program is not grabbing the new one from my IPAD Email registry......

I had to change mine several times and had to do on my pc but finally succeeded

Most reactions