What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change Apple ID on ipad?

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That should be listed on the aggravation thread.

The whole authorization thing is a major pain in the butt.

Jasonmalone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I see there has been no activity here for about a month but in case anyone decides to read up here's my story. My iTunes account was hacked and money was stolen. I reported it to apple who in turn disabled my account. I made a new apple Id for my iPad and moved on my merry way...until I tried to update any app purchased with my old account, and every time I tried it said apple Id disabled. While waiting for an email from apple tec here is what worked for me. My iTunes/app store account on my iPad was under my NEW apple Id when tried to update the previous apps, that's when I got the message apple id disabled. Here is the trick I went to the iTunes store on my Ipad and I signed out from my new apple id and I put in the Id that had been "disabled" and it let me sign in. Once I was signed in with my old account I was able to update all my apps. Hope this helps someone.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the trick I went to the iTunes store on my Ipad and I signed out from my new apple id and I put in the Id that had been "disabled" and it let me sign in. Once I was signed in with my old account I was able to update all my apps. Hope this helps someone.

Interesting. I wonder if I have tried that ~ thanks! I'm on it. Wait, I have tried that. Signed out of new one and put in the old one but it still says it has been disabled...

But I will see!

Jasonmalone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet,

Can you chane the id on your itunes store on your computer to your old screen name? even though my account has beend disabled i still can accsess my accout i just cant make any purchases. see if you can change you itunes store account on your computer to your old apple id

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet,

Can you chane the id on your itunes store on your computer to your old screen name? even though my account has beend disabled i still can accsess my accout i just cant make any purchases. see if you can change you itunes store account on your computer to your old apple id

But Jason ~ what if I can't get my new ID back? I don't think I can ever get my old ID back ~ I erased the complete email....thingy...

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet,

I don't think I can ever get my old ID back ~ I erased the complete email....thingy...

you mean that you deleted the whole gmail (or whatever) account?

If did you try remaking an email account with the same username?

I did delete it ~ oh, and I just tried to open that account in iTunes, as I am there making some Cd's. And it states the same "disabled" thingy as on my iPad.

Gotta a Plan B?? lol!

IF I try to remake that account ~ what if it deletes my new one now....because you can't have two on iTunes, can you?

Maybe I just better leave well enough alone ~ iTunes and I don't play well together.:(

Jasonmalone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok sweets here the deal. the answer is yes you can have more than one i tunes account. Apple emailed me back. they wrote that although they cant merge two accounts i should sign into my old account when i want to update.
So just to be very clear. This is what i did. on my Ipad Setting-> store-> (sign out if need be) and i signed in with my disabled account. It let me. Then i was able to update any apps even though my account was disabled.

Just because you account has been disabled doesnt make it invalid.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So just to be very clear. This is what i did. on my Ipad Setting-> store-> (sign out if need be) and i signed in with my disabled account. It let me. Then i was able to update any apps even though my account was disabled.

Just because you account has been disabled doesnt make it invalid.

But that is the difference, Jason. It.won't.let.me. IF it DID let me ~ there would be no problem.

Jasonmalone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
But that is the difference, Jason. It.won't.let.me. IF it DID let me ~ there would be no problem.

Makes no sense. Why can I log in to my disabled account and u can't?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jasonmalone said:
Makes no sense. Why can I log in to my disabled account and u can't?

There are two levels of disabled account to the best of my knowledge, partial disabled and disabled. Partial means just that and you can sign in whereas disabled is dead and defunct! But it may be possible to get it back, if I were you Marie I would contact apple support from their website and see if they can help........it may help to tell them that your uncle, Steve Jobs suggested contacting them!!!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
, if I were you Marie I would contact apple support from their website and see if they can help........it may help to tell them that your uncle, Steve Jobs suggested contacting them!!!

The Archangel

I have done that ~ my local Apple store is awesome ~ spent some time in there with a few guys working on it ~ and on the phone.

I even emailed iTunes, Apple ~

Uncle, huh? Not a bad idea....:D

Most reactions

Latest posts