What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How soon will you purchase the iPad?

How soon will you purchase the iPad?

• Pre-Order

Votes: 100 51.8%
  • Day 1

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Within the first month

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Within 3 Months

Votes: 26 13.5%
  • Wait for iPad v2

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Never, Don't have a use for it

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

roracle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm too poor to just get one. lol

I would like to see where hackers take this device though, it seems very likely this would be ideal. I still want at least 250 GB on mine and a full desktop or netbook remix distro.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm too poor to just get one. lol

I would like to see where hackers take this device though, it seems very likely this would be ideal. I still want at least 250 GB on mine and a full desktop or netbook remix distro.

lol. Same here, i would like to see how much they can do. Ive seen them change AT&T to verison in some devises.

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,My name is Tina.I'm excited to be part of this large and growing forum of great people and thankyou all for making me feel welcome. I just joined today.My special interests or skills are:- HTML- SEO- Web design- Internet businessI am happy to help others that need it and offer advice where possible :)

Glad you found us! We are really excited about the potential of this new product and we can't wait to share it will all of our members :)

Great! nice to see the Admins on here are nice and welcoming! im HAPPY to be apart of this great community

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,My name is Tina.I'm excited to be part of this large and growing forum of great people and thankyou all for making me feel welcome. I just joined today.My special interests or skills are:- HTML- SEO- Web design- Internet businessI am happy to help others that need it and offer advice where possible :)

Glad you found us! We are really excited about the potential of this new product and we can't wait to share it will all of our members :)

Great! nice to see the Admins on here are nice and welcoming! im HAPPY to be apart of this great community

We try out best and we want to make sure you get the fastest most reliable forum for your viewing enjoyment!

pughimag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will wait for version 2. No camera for iChat and no flash support. The 6" Kindles is lighter, costs $250 with free high-speed networking. I am looking for an eReader and my iPod Touch or MacBook Pro does the rest.

cfw123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How soon will you purchase an iPad

I have already requested Amazon.com to notify me when it will accept an order for the iPad, and specified the 64MB version with G3 for $828 which it is well worth. I figure it will eventually cost me over $900 but under $1,000 when all the accessories I want are added in -- the keyboard dock, case, camera, etc.

Since i will have a 90 day wait, I am putting aside $250/month starting now in a separate account so it will be paid for once out (I only buy with cash).

Incidentally, I buy all my Apple products through Amazon, since their price is always less than Apple Retail, and also I don't have to pay the expensive California Sales Tax. Saves me a lot of money.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have already requested Amazon.com to notify me when it will accept an order for the iPad, and specified the 64MB version with G3 for $828 which it is well worth. I figure it will eventually cost me over $900 but under $1,000 when all the accessories I want are added in -- the keyboard dock, case, camera, etc.

Since i will have a 90 day wait, I am putting aside $250/month starting now in a separate account so it will be paid for once out (I only buy with cash).

Incidentally, I buy all my Apple products through Amazon, since their price is always less than Apple Retail, and also I don't have to pay the expensive California Sales Tax. Saves me a lot of money.

Now I like the way you think! I've never thought about buying Apple products through Amazon...thanks for the tip!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazon eh? Ive tried that before not bad. Id rather have the feeling being swarmed by a bunch a people trying to get the first Ipad. ah...now thats the life.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm torn between pre-ordering and actually being able to experience the joy of walking into my local Apple Store on launch day. Given my luck with deliveries at my place, I'll undoubtedly just go to the Apple Store. More fun anyway!

Td_hart05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This device would serve me well in tracking governmental environmental regulations as well as state permits. One could access these easily on a device such as this. I just question how well the device will handle Adobe Acrobat files. I believe this is a key yo make this product stand up against their competitors.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much as I want an iPad because it is what I wanted from the iPod, I'm really going to have to wait I think for the second generation. I at least want to see iPhoneOS 4 and what it'll do to the iPad (and if it is a free upgrade) before I get locked in.

Most reactions

Latest posts