What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How soon after christmas....

ChrisBass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will the next Ipad be announced/released?

I really would like to get an Ipad, was considering the new ipod touch but I’m leaning more towards the Ipad now.

but here is my problem, I don’t want to get a new exciting ipad around xmas time only for the next version to be released shortly afterwards as I cant afford to buy two in quick succession!

So, and obviously this is just going to be personal opinion, how soon into the new year (or maybe before but its unlikely!) do you think the next ipad will be released? Just so I can decide if it’s worth waiting for!

Thanks

Chris

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the current ipad came out in April 2010, I'd look for the new one in April 2011. And I wouldn't expect an announcement until March, any sooner and current Pad sales grind to a halt while everyone waits for the new one.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is only one person who knows when the next generation iPad will be released --

20080506-steve_jobs_a.jpg

...and he's not talking!

Even though this is an Apple iPad forum, we are in no way associated with the Apple company.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think G.P's guess is likely to be pretty close to the mark - late Q1 '11 i'd guess.. At the earliest.

OP
C

ChrisBass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmmm......

March is quite far off (i know thats not the actual date or anything but apple do tend to do things anually dont they) but I might have to wait! I reckon the next one will have a load of new and cool features :) fingers crossed anyway!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hmmmm......

March is quite far off (i know thats not the actual date or anything but apple do tend to do things anually dont they) but I might have to wait! I reckon the next one will have a load of new and cool features :) fingers crossed anyway!

But when you get that one, there will be a new one coming a year after that...

MacClanIII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChrisBass,
I agree with you...I would wait til the next one comes out. Buy it and use it for a year. If another new one comes out a year later...sell yours and get the newer one. I would not buy the current one knowing that the next may have a USB port. This is the only reason I am waiting. The second generation pad will probably be better than the current one.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's and old story of a surgeon in the late 1800s who refused to buy a camera because it wasn't perfected enough. Every time there was a new one out he refused it because it still wasn't good enough. The man died of old age having never used a camera. No one knows what he looked like...

OP
C

ChrisBass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChrisBass,
I agree with you...I would wait til the next one comes out. Buy it and use it for a year. If another new one comes out a year later...sell yours and get the newer one. I would not buy the current one knowing that the next may have a USB port. This is the only reason I am waiting. The second generation pad will probably be better than the current one.

that was my thinking, i get what you are all saying about a new one coming out each year, but as i dont desperately need one at the moment (who does?!) i may as well wait and get the newest one i can! at least then it'll be the latest one for a year and not just a few months!

and if the new one has a usb port (not sure it will be we can hope) then i really would kick myself!

OP
C

ChrisBass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh, and one other thing, if it was a choice between an ipod touch and an ipad which would you go for? i know they are different and do divfferent things but if you had to choose which is better/more useful/or you just prefer?

thanks, i'm almost done with the questions now!

OP
C

ChrisBass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that may be true but i dont want to get on the first train i see only to find out it stops at all the stations where as the next one is the direct service and would get me there in half the time!!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oh, and one other thing, if it was a choice between an ipod touch and an ipad which would you go for? i know they are different and do divfferent things but if you had to choose which is better/more useful/or you just prefer?

thanks, i'm almost done with the questions now!

I think the iPad is infinitely more useful. More powerful apps can be written for the iPad because of the screen size. The downside is that its not as portable. You have to decide what is more important to you - portability or more functionality.

Most reactions