What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How reliable is fedex?

OP
G

Godfather4190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hookbill said:
Or go in the shower. :D

Seriously very reliable, they've never missed with me. But I would recommend you get your shower in before 8:00 am.

Shower? I'm going to sit on my step all day until the fedex person comes! Haha

MsTapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only "issue" I had with Fedex was when I put the signature waiver form on my front door and they attempted delivery to my back door. It was only accessories, not the iPad (yet), so it didn't matter.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since you get plenty of notice of when the delivery date is I just filled out the option to pick it up at a FedEx location near my house.
It was durning the Christmas rush for deliveries but I got the e mail and I presented my ID and had my iPad in less than five minutes.
I did not want to miss the truck even though they always show up late in the afternoon in my neighborhood.

joferger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very reliable and even deliver to my rural address. However - choose to insure you packages. A full box when moving my son to college ended up with only 3 pairs of shorts - missing over $1,200 in stuff. We got $100.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to think they were reliable until my Ipad delivery. I took the day off from work to stay home and wait for the truck....plus I had the signature waiver taped to my front door. At about 4 PM my neighbor from 3 houses down the street walked up to my front door with my Ipad box in his hand! ARGH!!!!!!! The FedX driver went to #27 instead of my address of #37 on my little dead end street. Geeze! Plus, my neighbor was dumb enough to sign for a package with MY name all over the front of the box. At least he is an honest guy. We live in a small town.

So much for FedX reliablity.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Dawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been in the industry but air is 98+% on-time and ground is 96%+ on-time....then again.. a couple of % points out of millions is still a good bit of peeved people when there package doesn't arrive on time..

Seriously, (although those #s are serious) FedEx is very good, better air than ground IMO and UPS is just as good (#s match).

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me they aren't!!! In a 7 day span, I waited for 5 days for them to feel like delivering it. The reason was incorrect address. It was correct and I called each evening and was told I would receive the following day.....NOT. I finally had to call and talk to an advocate. I told them they are all idiots and the smart people work for UPS.

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS has just as many complaints:

> Unless you live out in the middle of nowhere, it is almost impossible
> for UPS to misdeliver a package anymore. As of 2005, all of UPS'
> delivery locations are GPS'd and will tell the driver whether or not
> he/she is at the correct location before the package is released.
> The range is something like 20 feet. So, while the package can still
> be misdelivered to maybe your next door neighbor, a "1/2 mile away" is
> somewhat unreal.

Yet it happened two days in a row. Go figure.

I live in the country, but not the middle of no where. The neighbor
is the only other house on the block, across the street, about a 1/2
mile away.
I found the number for the local hub and called to complain. The guy
took my info and said he would look into whether it was the regular
driver or a replacement. He was kind and helpful, and I was
satisfied, but I won't use them again if I can help it.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with either Fedex or UPS but I do prefer to get my packages ship with fedex since they deliver to my neighborhood between 10am-noon. UPS doesn't deliver until after 3pm and I have to be to work at 3 so I don't get to play with my items until I get off work at 11pm.

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS has just as many complaints:

> Unless you live out in the middle of nowhere, it is almost impossible
> for UPS to misdeliver a package anymore. As of 2005, all of UPS'
> delivery locations are GPS'd and will tell the driver whether or not
> he/she is at the correct location before the package is released.
> The range is something like 20 feet. So, while the package can still
> be misdelivered to maybe your next door neighbor, a "1/2 mile away" is
> somewhat unreal.

Yet it happened two days in a row. Go figure.

I live in the country, but not the middle of no where. The neighbor
is the only other house on the block, across the street, about a 1/2
mile away.
I found the number for the local hub and called to complain. The guy
took my info and said he would look into whether it was the regular
driver or a replacement. He was kind and helpful, and I was
satisfied, but I won't use them again if I can help it.

I also live in the country. I have a lot of stuff delivered by UPS and have never had a problem. But fed ex is a different story. They have never delivered on time and I always have to call and give directions. They tell me the directions will be on file. I guess this file has no bottom, they never seem to find it. I get tired of having to call and loose my patience every time they have a package for me. UPS over fed ex by far...

Most reactions

Latest posts