What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How quickly you decide buying an app?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How long do you ponder before you actually purchase apps?

Do you just read the description and assume that it will serve your purpose?

Since most paid apps don't have demo version, it is often challenging to decide on buying an app.

I often resisted to buy apps but after searching for few more days, usually manage to discover some free apps which does at least 80% of the paid apps' functionalities!

Of course, there are cases when no free app can do the trick, but I'm asking for a general feedback.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you downloaded appshopper yet? you might be surprise lots of free apps thatmeets your needs. just dont forget to rate them;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I go by the reviews, what others say on here, and what looks good. Yes, I've made mistakes but they tend to be free so no worries. Office apps are a problem because they are all suitable but have their own peccadilloes. I have 275 apps but not all of them are mine or for ipad, some are iPhone as well. That's what I resented, having to pay for an iPhone app and ipad app so I could use both devices with the same app. Hey ho, dread to think how much I've spent though.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I check AppAdvice, feedback in the store, I google for reviews, I check the developer's site and try to discover if there are alternatives. I generally only do this for pricier apps. I also check here for feedback. I haven't bought many apps recently since most of my uses are pretty well covered by what I've bought or installed over the last year.

Reaction score
It really depends on the app. Many I buy instantly when I think the description is good. But I also have a long wish list in Appshopper, where I put all apps I may buy but have not fully decided. A welcome side effect is, that it also notifies of a price drop for any of the apps.

For example did I wait over one month before deciding to buy Goodreader.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I decide pretty quick - I know what I want, I then read any relevant reviews, find it in app store, then download. If it's not what i ultimately want I have a small cry then move my search on. All this happens over a span of maybe 1-2 mins. I'm an impulsive app buyer. And costs never bother me or come into the equation as we're only ever talking about 1 or 2 bucks in general.

Besides, I'm a fully paid up member of AA *

* Appoholics Anonymous

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
I decide pretty quick - I know what I want, I then read any relevant reviews, find it in app store, then download. If it's not what i ultimately want I have a small cry then move my search on. All this happens over a span of maybe 1-2 mins. I'm an impulsive app buyer. And costs never bother me or come into the equation as we're only ever talking about 1 or 2 bucks in general.

Besides, I'm a fully paid up member of AA *

* Appoholics Anonymous

I want to join appoholics anonymous, please?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
When Android had a 24 hour refund policy I was bought a LOT more than I do now. The 15 minute return window caused me to slow down a quite a bit , then with the policy of Apple for refund I slowed down even more , then I was told about appshopper and haven't paid for one since and only downloaded a few free ones as well.
I've pretty much reached what my Ipad can do that I want to do and another bunch of apps "just cuz" won't change that. I like my setup as is.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the app is more than 59p, I wait however long it takes to go down to that price, lol.

There's nothing more annoying than buying an app and then seeing it has gone down in price!.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Appshopper and AppHits to check for free and reduced price apps. I don't know how many apps I have, but I've only bought three. App Hits gives a good description of the app in it's list.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most of my apps are the free ones, so there isn't much decision process. :D it usually doesn't take me too long to decide on a paid app - most of the time my decision is based on ratings from this forum. (thanks, people!)

There are sever apps of the >$10 (sometimes >>$10) that I'm considering, but I'm unwilling to commit the $$ for them without seeing them in action first. I'd love to see full versions of apps available for for maybe 7 or 15 day trial periods.

I use Appshopper and find it very useful, but its search engine seems to be weak. For example, I can't find the title "Hot Pursuit The Need For Speed" using any critera. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Reaction score
k7lvo said:
I use Appshopper and find it very useful, but its search engine seems to be weak. For example, I can't find the title "Hot Pursuit The Need For Speed" using any critera. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

It doesn't list Need for Speed apps, because those are incorrectly flagged as iPhone apps and your AppShopper is configured to only show iPad, or universal apps.

If you want to see Need for Speed Hot Pursuit in AppShopper, than do the following:
-select the Settings wheel
-tap on Show
-choose 'All Apps'
-go back to settings and click Done

Now the search engine will show those previously missing apps.

Enjoy :D

Most reactions

Latest posts