What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

mbierle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The deck, the car, the basement (now controls my home theater), the office (when I want to do personal stuff not allowed on the work PC, the airport, the airplane, the hotel lobby, the hotel room, the endless meetings, the park (3G baby) and, of course, the head!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Why do you even ask? Pointless poll :D

Of course it is always with me.... Just like my underware, socks.... Duh!!

Why would anyone leave home without it?

Leave it at home. Below are the reasons I was easily able to break my "iPad separation anxiety".

1*** It's too heavy/large and has limited uses and limited battery life.
2*** Ever read in the bath? Ever read a book on your iPad in the bath?
3*** No flash. So much for a lot of web design, or demos of flash sites to customers. I can't even show MY OWN company site to people. Bollocks.
4*** Too Bright. Even at the dimmest setting, the screen causes me a lot of eye strain in a dark room.
(Anyone else find that a problem or is it just me?) :confused:
5*** I spend too much money on Apps if I take it everywhere. I know that Apple probably loves that, but the majority of the Apps I have bought I use very seldom. Only maybe a half-dozen get used more than once a month, if that. I check in with a couple online games every few weeks, and the rest of the Apps only get used when I am showing the iPad to someone who has never used one. If you really do take it with you EVERYWHERE, what Apps do you have that are so amazing that you can`t be without them? Perhaps the dictionary/spell-checkers ("underware"???) hey, mi spelin sucs to. ;)
6*** As iPod touch/iPhone folks know...size DOES matter. Bigger is not always better.

Glad to hear you like your iPad. I do to. Just kinda over it already...LINUX time, anyone?
-Mike.

Every post you rave about how you want Linux on the iPad.... why don't you go to the Linux forums and get with people that hate everything from Apple/Microsoft and just do it!

You are becoming a troll..........

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine hasn't been out of arm's reach since it was delivered last Thursday. I'm off work this week (half-term holidays here in UK) but when I'm back it'll be jammed down the side of my 'go everywhere' toolbox, or in my work backpack during the day, sofa surfing in the evenings, and catching up on emails and the odd web search, news and forums over breakfast. I also have an iPhone, and intend to carry them both, no problem.

Cheers, Pete.

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why do you even ask? Pointless poll :D

Of course it is always with me.... Just like my underware, socks.... Duh!!

Why would anyone leave home without it?

Leave it at home. Below are the reasons I was easily able to break my "iPad separation anxiety".

1*** It's too heavy/large and has limited uses and limited battery life.
2*** Ever read in the bath? Ever read a book on your iPad in the bath?
3*** No flash. So much for a lot of web design, or demos of flash sites to customers. I can't even show MY OWN company site to people. Bollocks.
4*** Too Bright. Even at the dimmest setting, the screen causes me a lot of eye strain in a dark room.
(Anyone else find that a problem or is it just me?) :confused:
5*** I spend too much money on Apps if I take it everywhere. I know that Apple probably loves that, but the majority of the Apps I have bought I use very seldom. Only maybe a half-dozen get used more than once a month, if that. I check in with a couple online games every few weeks, and the rest of the Apps only get used when I am showing the iPad to someone who has never used one. If you really do take it with you EVERYWHERE, what Apps do you have that are so amazing that you can`t be without them? Perhaps the dictionary/spell-checkers ("underware"???) hey, mi spelin sucs to. ;)
6*** As iPod touch/iPhone folks know...size DOES matter. Bigger is not always better.

Glad to hear you like your iPad. I do to. Just kinda over it already...LINUX time, anyone?
-Mike.
#3 I agree with, but its certainly not a dealbreaker.
The rest are just silly. I mean seriously, you'll spend too much on apps if you carry it? DONT USE THIS THING, THERE"S TOO MUCH GREAT SOFTWARE FOR IT AND YOU WILL SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY!!!! :D

Linux on the iPad would be a fun experiment though. Be sure and post up if you can get it to run. I dont think I would do it, but it would be fun to see it running.

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
haha, I'm just the opposite, I dont really like Apple much as a company, but the iPad is a winner for what I need. I am on call 24/7 to fix databases if something goes wrong. I usually carry a phone, but if I get an alert, its difficult to read the alert on a phone-sized screen. Then I have to get to a "real" computer where I can remote in and fix things. The iPad gets my email in a useful format, and then I can remote desktop straight from the iPad into my machine at work to see what's going on and fix things. There are a lot of other great IT related apps out there too that I have yet to even explore.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You are not alone pallentx. I am not an Apple fan, PC all the way.. but for me the iPad fits great. If it didn't I would sell it, like I sold my Sony reader and NDS.

I too find it interesting the IT related apps coming out, even at this early stage of iPad development. I would not have expected it.....

edit: Oh and pallentx, I'm about 30 miles south of you in Granbury :)

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are not alone pallentx. I am not an Apple fan, PC all the way.. but for me the iPad fits great. If it didn't I would sell it, like I sold my Sony reader and NDS.

I too find it interesting the IT related apps coming out, even at this early stage of iPad development. I would not have expected it.....

edit: Oh and pallentx, I'm about 30 miles south of you in Granbury :)

yeah, were practically neighbors - I live just south of downtown.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well now that I've had my iPad a lil longer, I can say the new hasn't worn off. Today I left the office to run an errand and didn't bring it with me. In a half hour, I needed it three times and didn't have it. I know getting caught without it for 30 minutes having it for a few weeks may not seem like much, but it's amazing just how useful and handy this lil device is.

I was worried the new would wear off, to my surprise each day it gets more useful to keep with me, the total opposite, and each day I wake up, check put the newest apps while waking up, then get ready for work, grab Lily (yes, she's been named) and head out the door.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a shuffled music playlist that I put on my iPad and truck it to work, use it as a digital photo frame and shuffle about 2 gigs of music during my shift... Not that I REALLY get to hear any music, it's always so damn quiet...

Anyway, it is with me every second of the day if I can at all help it. I love it.

Me an my murse, goin' everywhere!

Most reactions

Latest posts