What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

cityboy709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my iPad 2 everywhere I go. Because I have a keyboard slash case people don't really notice it until I actually sit down and use it. MAny of my class mates that my iPad 2 was a laptop the first two weeks of class until they asked me how much it costed, and then I had to explain how it wasn't a laptop and that it is an iPad 2 with a keyboard and case.
I consider my iPad a laptop that i never had... This is my laptop :)
I do carry it just about every where i go except for work. I also have the keyboard slash case too.

lizliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the thorough answer! I tried the FM transmiter. Spotty. Gave up on it. My car radio doesnt have an aux jack. I guess i would have to invest in a better stereo? By "bluetooth speakers" do umean i have to take them w me ie they r portable n not mounted in the car?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cityboy709 said:
I consider my iPad a laptop that i never had... This is my laptop :)
I do carry it just about every where i go except for work. I also have the keyboard slash case too.

I wish we were able to upload docs onto websites with it though ;'(

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my iPad every where, I use it everyday, it's my planner , Internet surfer, gamer, as well as reader and movie watcher.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tasty said:
I take my iPad every where, I use it everyday, it's my planner , Internet surfer, gamer, as well as reader and movie watcher.

Me too!! I watch Netflix and iTunes movies!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the thorough answer! I tried the FM transmiter. Spotty. Gave up on it. My car radio doesnt have an aux jack. I guess i would have to invest in a better stereo? By "bluetooth speakers" do umean i have to take them w me ie they r portable n not mounted in the car?

Yes, the Jambox Bluetooth speaker is portable. I mentioned it because you indicated that you wanted to avoid changing out your car stereo. Besides changing your stereo, using an FM transmitter or using a separate speaker, I don't know of other options. I don't think it's a good idea to wear a headset while driving, for instance, lol.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has to be surgically disconnected from my body - so i can plug my iPhone in ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Point taken. Thanks. Bluetooth speakers on my xmas wishlist.

Hey, I just remembered something else you might consider:

BONE COLLECTION | Horn Stand for iPad 2 - iPad - iPad 2

No batteries required, and cheaper than a Jambox.

My experience with the iPhone version of the horn stand: It does amplify sound, but it sounds crummy, like you're using an aluminum can to amplify. It does work for phone calls while I drive, though, when loudness is more important than sound quality (unlike with music). Plus, I paid like 4 bucks for the iPhone version from Amazon.

I don't know whether I ended up with a knockoff, because the iPhone ones typically retail for 30 bucks, I think. Maybe I have a knockoff, and maybe the original sounds better. YMMV.

Last edited:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
You are too funny!!!! I am sure you
Come to love the new baby just as much as your beloved other 2!!

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Don't you start now. That is what all are saying. I will prove all wrong. Flying out this evening to see the wife and the dogs. Infect seated in the plane now. Kuwait here I come.

iPad 2 Lover (Forced owner of 3 dogs now, 2 of which I love)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Don't you start now. That is what all are saying. I will prove all wrong. Flying out this evening to see the wife and the dogs. Infect seated in the plane now. Kuwait here I come.

Ha ha!!! You can't hide love, you ole softie!!! ;). Wanna see pics. Thinking about a yorkie myself but want to make sure I am ready.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Ha ha!!! You can't hide love, you ole softie!!! ;). Wanna see pics. Thinking about a yorkie myself but want to make sure I am ready.

I learned you are ready when your wife decides. What more can I say. What more is there to say.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
I learned you are ready when your wife decides. What more can I say. What more is there to say.

Awhhh!!! Well, if you are traveling a lot for business and she is home with the pups then it should be her responsibility to take care of them *devil's advocate feminist*. My cousin has become a "rescue" for puppies. She and her husband have 3 of their own via the rescue and as many as NINE at one time in the house which she eventually adopts out. Poor hubby has to go along with it all whether he likes it or not. Fortunately, according to her, he is OK with it as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I told her 'Don't let me see you on Hoarders one day talking about being a rescue and the dogs need me!!!' LOL.

emilysmom03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is ALWAYS with me!! As is my iPhone and iTouch. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions