What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How often...

I have mine with me almost all the time. I use it at work, where it has replaced a corporate laptop. I use it at home, where it has, more or less, rendered redundant my Dell laptop. Finally I use it on the move where it has rendered redundant every function (except basic telephone) of my Windows Mobile based telephone (htc).

The other things it has rendered redundant: Carrying a paper notebook into meetings. Carrying a bundle of papers for the same meetings. Buying newspapers. Buying books (probably, but still testing that one out). Being held in one place by the need to compute (battery life means I can more or less sit anywhere in the University and still do all my work).

Things I have kept: The Dell (just in case there I find something I can't do on the iPad and the occasional iTunes thing (like upgrading to OS 4.2). My iPod Classic (because it is attached, through a logic3 remote controlled docking station to my hifi (iPad won't fit the docking station) and because I have interfaces for it in the cars and my other homes).

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bring it to work with me every day, our work computers have a lot of websites blocked so it's nice to pull out my ipad and surf freely.

same here, I take it with me to work and at lunch time I use it instead of the computers in our break room. plus the computers are often times full of viruses and won't work.

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It goes EVERYWHERE with me... I would feel nekkid without it!!!
I have an iPhone4 and it is amazing how crazy I was about it - until I got the iPad, now the iPhone is mostly used for texting and a phone and the computer at home - well, it is RARELY used or even turned on any more.

Last edited:

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
24/7!

Actually, sometimes my wife has it for a while, but she has to nearly pry it out of my hands first! :p

Other than that, it's like American Express. I don't leave home without it!

zemo2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine in work and in many different issues, it's really wonderful especially in Maine field.
Thanks to apple.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eh depends where I'm going or doing. If going out to dinner with friends then yes. The bar in the restaurant to hang with the guys, no. Work..sometimes. At home, lays on couch or table.

I'm afraid of someone trying to steal it. A guy at the mall down the street had his finger ripped off. In a neighborhood from 500k-1m dollar homes with a bently or two driving around shows crime can happen anywhere. I used to leave my vehicles unlocked until that news post.

Cherry Creek is a great neighborhood. Target-rich environment for criminals.

I take my iPad if I think I'll have chance or need to use it. Otherwise, I just take my iPhone and iPod touch. Their screens are too small for convenient Web navigation, though. I'm looking forward to getting a Samsung Note, when they start selling, because a 5-inch phone/tablet would seem to fit many of my daily needs on the go.

deevuh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
24-7...I'm supposed to be sleep but nooooo I'm on my iPad.

pattyjo719

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have with me all the time. If I leave home without it I will turn around. I love my iPad and it feels like an extension of me!!!

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pattyjo719 said:
I have with me all the time. If I leave home without it I will turn around. I love my iPad and it feels like an extension of me!!!

I agree! I bring my iPad everywhere with me. When I go to school, I feel so bad leaving it behind, and when I get home (after finishing homework OF COURSE ;)) it's the first thing I turn on. When I go out someplace, and take my iPad out of my purse people just think I'm trying to show off, but the truth is, is that I'm just missing it and HAVE to play on it. (Well I did spend my own money on it so I'm going to get my money's worth.) It's really made my life more productive as a student, and in general, and honestly now I can't imagine life without it. Call me obsessed or a "fanboy", but I love my iPad to pieces! :)

<3Olivia Sent from my iPad

Andy391

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its the only thing that gets me away from my imac ,just to sit else where in the house is great....

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm within arms reach 20-24 hours a day ever since April 2010. It's my radio in my car and what I use when I go to bed. Love it

Ummm....what kind of apps have you found?!? LOL

Mistress of Mischief

skanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate to say this but I really haven't integrated it into my daily life. Primarily because it doesn't have any protection but I'm just really used to my laptop at the kitchen table and my MacPro with its 30 inch display at my desk. I'm just sort of buying apps and have the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector & the Black Netbook Leather with Kickstand Case from Meritline on order.

I need help. Please don't judge me. :eek:

...and you bought an iPad because...???

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in bed, in the loo, in the car, at the kitchen table, at work, at the mall, at play... it just keeps following me around!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only have a WiFi one, so it comes with me to my parents' house and to school, otherwise it stays at home.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts