What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Of You Use MIFI w/ Your ipad 3G?

harv2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not my primary connection for the iPad ... I use the AT&T plan, but it usually connects when AT&T won't, and it comes in really handy as a good way to get around the 20M limit for application download.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use it since I had one for the laptops. Works well so I didn't bother with the 3G version.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was considering getting one, as I couldnt afford the extra for 3g (they are quite cheap on Pay as You Go here in England).

Until I heard that you can tether the iPad to a Droid phone - anyone know if thats true (without Jailbreaking!)?

If so, my contract is up in September and Im due a new phone....

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my Sprint WM phone, acting like a wifi hotspot when I don't have a wifi connection to use... works well, no need for a 3g ipad...

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon USB modem with Cradlepoint 350 travel router, works perfect anywhere I go when traveling.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dunno about Droid, but I've tethered my iPad to my Verizon TouchPro 2 with wifi and that worked fine, no jailbreak, and better still, no AT&T.

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my Droid to tether my iPad every day. It does not require that your iPad be jailbroken but does require that your android phone be rooted. The app on the android market place is called wireless tether for root users and I think it is free. Android 2.2 will include Tethering but nobody knows if the carriers will allow it with out additional cost. The good news is that Verizon does not charge extra for wifi tethering on the palm pixie. It was for this reason that I have not purchased a mifi and did not buy the 3g iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts